Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 85 throttle horn snafu

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 01:13 PM
fytrjok
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default DLE 85 throttle horn snafu

I'm in the process of installing a new DLE 85 in a Meister BF-109. I had B & B Specialties make me up a muffler to replace the ridiculously huge stock muffler...they did a great job! Got everything mounted and then went to hook up the throttle linkage. Whoops! The throttle horn on the carb has a nice extension to attach the pushrod but it's on the same side as the needles and covers them completely when you open the throttle. Needless to say, those little buggers need to be accessible! There's really no easy way to hook things up with a bell-crank so I ended up removing the throttle-arm extension and re-installing it upside down so the pushrod and arm are clear of the needles. You'd think the designers would have caught that! Anyway, easy enough to fix but a pain nevertheless!
Old 02-04-2014, 04:21 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fytrjok
I'm in the process of installing a new DLE 85 in a Meister BF-109. I had B & B Specialties make me up a muffler to replace the ridiculously huge stock muffler...they did a great job! Got everything mounted and then went to hook up the throttle linkage. Whoops! The throttle horn on the carb has a nice extension to attach the pushrod but it's on the same side as the needles and covers them completely when you open the throttle. Needless to say, those little buggers need to be accessible! There's really no easy way to hook things up with a bell-crank so I ended up removing the throttle-arm extension and re-installing it upside down so the pushrod and arm are clear of the needles. You'd think the designers would have caught that! Anyway, easy enough to fix but a pain nevertheless!
No matter what we assemble, I am willing to bet that some where in the process, we all will run into a little pain/problem that needs correcting.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:16 AM
fytrjok
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How true!I believe it's a constant in our hobby. It always puts a smile on my face when challanges like this are solved. This process is one of those things that keeps the hobby interesting!