Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 85 vs DLE 111

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 12:31 PM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default DLE 85 vs DLE 111

Ok guys, I cant seem to find much info on the DLE 85, everyone was excited then they came out, then not much eles, Im sure it has something to do with the snow on the ground.

Im building a CMJ / Mister 102in P47, From the vids I have seen, except for the Moki 150's, the motor of chose is Evoution 80 - 100cc twin.

I have a DLE 111 in a very large Kantan, and love it even thow its on pipes.

The 85 or any othere 85 single would be easyer to install vs trying to jam a twin in there.

So with a war bird comeing in around 50 pounds, I want as much motor as possable, and with eather option lead will be required.

So anyone with a DLE 85 out there? How would you compair it to a DLE 111?

Dose it shake a lot?

What RPMs are you getting?

I once had a ZDZ80 Super, (should never of sold it) it did not vib bad, but I have not heard much on the DLE 85 yet....

Thanks for any insite.

mike
Old 02-21-2014, 12:36 AM
fytrjok
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just picked up and installed a DLE 85 in my Meister 109. Had to order a custom B&B muffler as I didn't want that beer can of a muffler hanging out the side. There's a couple of things about the placement of the needles I wonder about. You'll find out the throttle linkage blocks access to the needles so I had to invert the linkage plate and reinstall my throttle servo. I also had to add about 1.5lbs to balance even though I was replacing a G 62. I run a DLE 111 in my Meister Zero...a superior combination! I have run the 85 for only about 10 minutes but it started right up by hand. It definitely has some serious power but the vibration is no more than the old G 62. I'm breaking it in with a 24x12 prop and am hoping it'll turn a 27x10 after break-in. I didn't tach it yet but I'll do that before it flies. No telling when she'll fly...if it's not snowing here, we're getting hurricane force winds. Maybe in a couple of weeks!!??
Old 02-21-2014, 05:42 PM
Bashedit
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put one of these in a Wild Hare 40% Giles over the winter and flew it a few times. I replaced a DL100 with it for the weight savings. So far it seems to have the same power and a little lighter. Currently running a 26x12 Mezlik after first few runs with a 26x10 Menz. Need some good weather to really try it out though.