Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Warning to buyers - beware of cermark.com

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Warning to buyers - beware of cermark.com

Old 03-08-2014, 10:00 AM
rcuser004
My Feedback: (287)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Warning to buyers - beware of cermark.com

Buyers beware of Cermark in Southern California. Purchased a World Models plane from them last month. They charged my card and shipped the wrong plane. The phone and fax numbers listed on their website, www.cermark.com, are disconnected and the only way to communicate is messaging through their website, which they generally ignore. They acknowledge their error, yet in one month of constant attempts to JUST GET A RETURN LABEL TO SEND THE PLANE BACK, the owner Stephen, just ignores me. I have had to file a dispute claim through VISA to try to resolve this matter.

This was my first order to them. Outstanding way to treat a new customer, isn't it?

Be VERY CAREFUL buying anything from them!

Last edited by rcuser004; 03-08-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Will add it to my list of " Do not do business with " !

But then again, certain people of this forum will most likely criticize me for this decision. LOL

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I stopped doing business with this company quite a few years ago when I was still using NiCd batteries. At that time they were my "go to" source for Sanyo cells and I assembled my own packs. The last order I placed was for many, many NiCd cells in several sizes and the majority of them had date codes that were years out of date. It appeared they may have picked up someones old stock and was trying to sell them off as I had never had that problem before. I called the company and told them of the problem and got no satisfaction whatsoever. They said that was common and that if the batteries were unused, they should be fine. Well they might have been fine but I wasn't pleased at being stuck with old stock batteries. I showed my dissatisfaction by never buying from them again.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:55 PM
5150flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Baron Mike
Buyers beware of Cermark in Southern California. Purchased a World Models plane from them last month. They charged my card and shipped the wrong plane. The phone and fax numbers listed on their website, www.cermark.com, are disconnected and the only way to communicate is messaging through their website, which they generally ignore. They acknowledge their error, yet in one month of constant attempts to JUST GET A RETURN LABEL TO SEND THE PLANE BACK, the owner Stephen, just ignores me. I have had to file a dispute claim through VISA to try to resolve this matter.

This was my first order to them. Outstanding way to treat a new customer, isn't it?

Good for you for filing a dispute and posting this information.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:30 AM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, unfortunately when a company goes "belly up", they usually take a bunch of customer's money with them. It is good for us to keep one another informed to limit that as much as possible and save people the grief of trying to fight it out with a company that doesn't care any more, if they ever did.

AV8TOR
Old 03-14-2014, 08:24 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by av8tor1977
Yeah, unfortunately when a company goes "belly up", they usually take a bunch of customer's money with them. It is good for us to keep one another informed to limit that as much as possible and save people the grief of trying to fight it out with a company that doesn't care any more, if they ever did.

AV8TOR
Did you get my PM about the smaller ignitions.
BCCHI
Old 03-16-2014, 08:40 PM
bcchi

Bought from Cermark for years never a problem .
BCCHI
Old 03-16-2014, 09:38 PM
rcuser004

Well, good for you. That was most likely before they went out of business.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:51 PM
bcchi

Well, good for you. That was most likely before they went out of business.
Didn't no they went out of business,I guess Steve could not handle it without his dad Jessee.I mostly del't with Jessee.
BCCHI
Old 03-17-2014, 06:41 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BCCHI, I was just curious on what brand to TX systems you use? Looks like we got some more snow coming in Mich. Its been below zero the last few days. Its got to warm up one of these days!!!!!!!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=249+...iw=911&bih=389

Last edited by captinjohn; 03-17-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:36 PM
bcchi

Originally Posted by captinjohn
BCCHI, I was just curious on what brand to TX systems you use? Looks like we got some more snow coming in Mich. Its been below zero the last few days. Its got to warm up one of these days!!!!!!!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=249+...iw=911&bih=389
I use brand F,all Fasst.Why would you want to no ?
Two nice flying days last week end.
BCCHI
Old 03-20-2014, 05:54 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Wouldn't this thread do better in an airplane forum, instead of a gas engine forum? The problem was with a plane not an engine. Do they even sell engines anymore? I know they use to sell some Chinese junk a few years ago.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:15 PM
rcuser004

Yes they list gas engines also. That is why it is posted here.

Attention bcchi, are you in the wrong area asking about radios?
Old 03-20-2014, 09:27 PM
bcchi

Yes they list gas engines also. That is why it is posted here.

Attention bcchi, are you in the wrong area asking about radios?
Someone in this thread ask me about Radios.I just told him.
BCCHI
Old 03-21-2014, 12:00 AM
rcuser004

OK...sorry.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Mikecam

Get your money back from Visa, Visa won't ask for the plane, cermark might not ask for the plane back so keep it. After 6 months sell it or put it together and fly it. Always buy thru CC, even if threw paypal have CC as final payment. Cermark deserves it.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:07 AM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

I was just saying if you got burned on a plane, a plane forum (arf) might be best for the thread. Even the clubhouse. Seen plenty of these types of threads there. I think your limiting your exposure in this forum.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:50 AM
rcuser004

I placed my warning on a few different, applicable forums so the greatest number of potential buyers could see and be warned. Please don't make this out to be anything more than passing on information to unsuspecting buyers. Also, to those RCU members who seem to have negative comments about my message, please feel free to ignore me and go ahead and buy from Cermark, as if nothing is wrong; Good luck!
Old 03-24-2014, 03:16 PM
stevenchao

"Buyers beware of Cermark in Southern California. Purchased a World Models plane from them last month. They charged my card and shipped the wrong plane. The phone and fax numbers listed on their website, www.cermark.com, are disconnected and the only way to communicate is messaging through their website, which they generally ignore. They acknowledge their error, yet in one month of constant attempts to JUST GET A RETURN LABEL TO SEND THE PLANE BACK, the owner Stephen, just ignores me. I have had to file a dispute claim through VISA to try to resolve this matter.

Be VERY CAREFUL buying anything from them!"

Just to clarify this matter. I have spoke to Mike prior to Re Baron Mike prior to his posting date. I definitely acknowledged his purchase and our mistake in shipping. The incorrect airplane is in RED BARON MIKE's possession. During our telephone conversation RED BARON MIKE mentioned that he has already placed a dispute on his card. Which means he has brought the credit card company to notice. So if we do a refund, we will be double charged (according to our credit card service). RED BARON MIKE was very specific saying that we don't have to worry about doing a refund, because he is doing it through his end.

The only thing left is incorrectly shipped airplane. This is the only evidence that RED BARON MIKE has of our mistake. After ONE failed attempt at shipping the airplane back, we thought we are better off letting the incorrect airplane or evidence be left in RED BARON MIKE 's possession until we have been notified by the credit card company that the fund has been returned!!! In another words, RED BARON MIKE, got his refund while we felt it was only fair that he holds on to the only evidence of incorrect shipping until clarified.

WOW, we thought we were doing the right thing here... Yes, RED BARON MIKE got his refund and we specifically allow the airplane to sit at his location (until our credit card company tells us that it is resolved). Amazing how intentions are misinterpreted.

Peace,
Steven Chao
Old 03-24-2014, 07:49 PM
rcuser004

Steven,

It is nice to get a response from you...finally. You reference one failed attempt to return the plane, Somehow I was not aware of this. All I know is from February 11th, I have been trying to get you to mail me a Fed Ex Return Label. The plane is packed and ready to go. It is a very simple matter. Mail the tag to me as you have my address. The same day I receive the tag, it will be shipped back to you. I will then notify VISA the matter is resolved.

Mail the tag to me, I will ship your plane back to you and state on this forum the matter is resolved, and our business dealings will be complete.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 03-26-2014, 06:25 AM
Jim Schwagle
My Feedback: (1)

Too bad. At one time, Cermark was known and respected. I guess it shows how some businesses rely on one person, the founder or some other, and once that person passes or moves on, the business isn't the same.

Edit: After reading the last few posts, it's clear that communication, between buyer and seller, especially where money is involved, is essential.

Last edited by Jim Schwagle; 03-26-2014 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Update information
Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Truckracer

Dang, beat this dead horse some more!
Old 03-26-2014, 11:15 AM
rcuser004

Truckracer...not trying to beat a dead horse and do not want to be viewed that way, so I deleted the comment. Thanks for your input!
Old 03-26-2014, 01:47 PM
Truckracer

Truckracer...not trying to beat a dead horse and do not want to be viewed that way, so I deleted the comment. Thanks for your input!
I think that was appropriate. You made your points well early on and I even responded with a bad experience I had some years ago. Others likewise responded to the thread. After a time and when the point is well made, it is time to move on and let the poor dog / horse die in peace.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:07 AM
wyldrydes
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by Truckracer
You made your points well early on
I read this thread beginning to end-its not a flying day here-because something seemed odd. Throughout all this (here and on other threads), Steven Chao (CERMARK), has written clearly and directly, without obfuscation, in response to technical concerns and interests submitted by customers. That said, the complaint seemed out of character given the number of back-n-forths with Steven.

For my part, I look for business connections where people will write clearly and to the point. It's rare. So, lets hope Steven Chao, CERMARK survive all this and Steven continues to respond to our questions.

Here's a test. My question: Is the MLD 28cc crankshaft and prop hub tapered or cylindrical (with key)? Followup question: Will ignition replacement require re-timing if an RCexl CD ignition is installed? It looks like the 28cc needs 27-30 (28 nominal) degrees BTDC?!
Thanks.
Jerry

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.