Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE30 High and Low Speed Needles

Old 06-11-2014, 04:00 PM
AlW
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE30 High and Low Speed Needles

These needles are slightly different. The distance from the seat to the end of the tapered needle on one is longer than the other. Also the taper is different. So the question is which needle is high and which is low. - they must be different for a reason. Thanks, Al
Old 06-11-2014, 09:11 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlW
These needles are slightly different. The distance from the seat to the end of the tapered needle on one is longer than the other. Also the taper is different. So the question is which needle is high and which is low. - they must be different for a reason. Thanks, Al
They are different threads so you can not mix them up.Needle closest to engine is low speed and back one closest to choke is high.
BC
Old 06-11-2014, 09:51 PM
AlW
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks - you are absolutely correct I was so focused on the tapered end of the needles that I did not notice that the threads were different.Of course I might have figured it out when I tried to install them. Anyhow I did learn something - thank you. Al