Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Valley View 21 engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 06:21 AM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valley View 21 engine

A couple of good friends of mine bought these engines with a Yak profile combo. It seemed to be a very good combo plenty of power to do about anything a person would want. Since these were there first Gas engine's I was asked to help with the tuning. While both engine's seem to respond to the needles ok the one seemed to be a little better,Which I didn't really even bother with, until last Saturday when I noticed there was way to much oil and crud on the plane for a gas engine so I got to inspecting things a little closer. The front bearing had lost the press fit needed to retain it's position,allowing air to get inside the engine and oil to come out, It is to bad we didn't notice this earlier, but because of the lean condition due to the extra air it fairly well fried the engine inside, while it can be fixed with some new parts and a case we won't know what will happen until VV get's it back and has their say in what goes on.
We are keeping a close eye on the other engine for any signs of leakage or movement so far so good, So hopefully this was a one time deal.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:49 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I have a 1 year old VVRC 20 and it has been flawless. They will take care of you.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:03 AM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since it is not mine I'm not to worried *L* But I* also know what your saying I have done business with Valley View in the past and received the best of service.
I was just wondering if this is a stand alone deal or has anyone else had the same issue?
Old 07-17-2014, 08:40 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cyberwolf
Since it is not mine I'm not to worried *L* But I* also know what your saying I have done business with Valley View in the past and received the best of service.
I was just wondering if this is a stand alone deal or has anyone else had the same issue?
Both my VV 20and 40 twin are fine.No problems of any kind.Both hand start from day one.Twin takes a little longer to get fuel if it has set for a couple of weeks.
BCCHI