sawdust

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Is there an American made 30 size gas engine

I am going to move up to a larger size plane. And I am thinking that a good place to start is with a 30 size engine. My only other gas experience was with a G23 which I still have. It was on a large Horzion super cub. I first want to decide on an engine and then a plane. Will not be doing 3D

Any American made 30 size gas engines.

Thank you. Todd
Old 07-25-2014, 02:23 PM
JohnB96041

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The SYSSA 1.80hp is a 30cc gas engine and I love it. Have it in a Funtana 125. Supper power using a 18.5 x 5.5 Vess prop.
Look at this web site. Might be a little high in price but very worth it. American made, serviced, etc. Great company to deal with.

http://syssaaircraft.net/
Old 07-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Truckracer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes the Syssa is available and I owned one when they first came out. A very nice engine but overall I was disappointed with the whole purchase and ownership experience. I sold it and went with the DLE 30, one of the many Chinese engines available. Overall the DLE 30 has been a much better engine. I know ..... Chinese but what can a guy do when the American engine and company doesn't perform to expectations.

You may want to read through the huge Syssa thread here on RCU and form your own opinion of the company.

SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

How about stepping up to the DA35 which just came available a couple of months back. American quality from a company with a sparkling reputation. Expensive but I bet it will be a rewarding experience. Price very close to the Syssa.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:03 PM
JohnB96041

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have read all the SYSSA 30CC GAS Made IN USA and am still a very happy customer. Never had a problem with the engine or the company. Has always been good service when ordering any items (props, spinner, optical switch, carb, etc). I did wait a long time for my first engine, but that was 4 or 5 years ago. It has performed great every since. Great product AND made in the good old U.S.A.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:21 PM
ahicks

Syssa likes to rev. It's not happy pulling big props. That would be it's only downside that I know of. Regarding the company, I've heard of some nightmares, but thankfully never experienced any of it personally. What I hear lately seems much more positive. I would go DLE 35 if buying another engine in it's class.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:55 AM
larry@coyotenet

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Fox and FPE 2.4 which is 40cc. Much better quality than any of the Chinese engines, Much better service, Powerful, long lasting.
Larry
Old 07-26-2014, 06:17 AM
Truckracer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry@coyotenet View Post
Fox and FPE 2.4 which is 40cc. Much better quality than any of the Chinese engines, Much better service, Powerful, long lasting.
Larry
I own (3) Brison 2.4 which are very similar to the above listed engines. I did not recommend those engines as only the FPE is still available new. The others would have to be sourced on the used market. Certainly good engines, long lasting and I love mine but times have changed and most people prefer the rear intake configuration these days. Many people whine about having to accommodate the side mounted carb in their planes. Most ARFs which are the bulk of airplanes in use today are designed around the rear intake engines. Add to that many of the Chinese 30 and 35 cc engines are in the same power range as the older 2.4 / 40cc class engines and the new engines weigh less.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:12 AM
sawdust

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the replies.

Todd
Old 07-26-2014, 09:46 AM
ahicks

So, please do let us know which engine you go with?

Search this Thread