Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

maloney engine???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 02:06 AM
slamn sammy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: maloney engine???

I have a 125 and I'd like to install it in a 71 in chipmunk??? What u thank? The plane is from Nitro Modles, will it fly it?
Old 11-12-2012, 07:17 AM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would recommend running the engine on a test stand for awhile to break it in a little and so you can see what it takes to get one started. Mine will start only with an electric starter if it is spun pretty fast. This is a fairly heavy engine for its power, so I wouldn't expect any breathtaking performance. But, hey, it might be ok for you.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:36 AM
slamn sammy

I hope so! I thank it may be broke in. I traded two 'cat's' and a airplane for it! LOL. The cat's where tossed out at our flying feald and we can not have pet's , BUT! We could leave them there to dye, They where about 10 weeks old. What kind of 'BUTT HOLE' could do that to these baby? So we wrought them home and a buddy of mine has a cat sanctuary and he took them and there in a good loving home now! and I was telling him about needing an engine, He gave the engine and said that he has had it from new and it looked new. Nice finish! Theres a date on the box that shows it to be about 30 yr's old and so clean that I know that it don't have munch run time. He can not remember when he ran it last time and said that I will be disappointed in the performence. I told him that I was putting it in a Art Scholl's Chipmunk and if I wonted to 3D that I would fly my aeroworks 540T It's 35% and a LOT OF FUN! My wife is building a Canadian Chip-trainer and it's bigger then mine, @ 81in. mine is 71in. A buddy of mine has an 125 in a plane that World Engines built for the 125 and he said that IT FLU! That was the only thang nice he said about it! I like old stuff and if it will not fly it, I'm scaling up a Sr kadet to 80in and I will put it in it. I appreciate the come back and will post the out come. Thanks. ':~) P.S. I'm from TEXAS, Dallas/ft.worth. I live in Little Rock, Ar now! "GO PIG SOOOOOOOIE-UH-LONG HORNS" LOL!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Texastbird

I was trying to be polite, but yeah, not much power. I have an old 75 inch plane I am going to try my 125 in to see if it will be adequate to fly it. It once had an old style OS 120 on it that flew it pretty well, so I hope the Maloney will be up to dragging it around the pattern. Too bad about the kittens. We live near a city park and people are always dumping their unwanted animals off there. Sad.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:19 AM
slamn sammy

I know! and with cats, 2 will trun into 30 quick! I don't know what to do about an engine?? I bought an converted homelite 25-30cc 0n E-Bay and it will not fit, the fly wheel is to big. I have a O.S. 61 that i had on a 25% lazer that I'm thanking of installing on it. It flu the lazer good. The next biggest engine I have in glow, Is a Super Tiger 4500. That use's 40oz of fuel in 8min. and is 5lbs. I'd like to stay with gas. I will figure it out??? ':~/
Old 11-13-2012, 07:10 PM
capnduane

Hi Sammy. kudos to you for saving those kittys! The Maloney 125 was and is a good engine. When they first came out, I and a couple of friends of mine bought them. Must have been 1980 or so.... I put mine in a Balsa USA Citabria Pro, and flew in the Scale Masters qualifiers for 5 years in a row, here in Calif. My friends flew them in a 1/4 scale Cub and a 80" Robinhood, both flew great. They do require a starter to get going. I think it will work well in your Kadet. Good luck, Duane
Old 11-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Kimhoff
My Feedback: (22)

Convert it to battery ignition and lose a pound of weight. Pull the flywhel and the back case extention. You can use a standard rail mount to mount it. Starting will be easy.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Texastbird

Aww, that would take all the fun out of it.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:25 PM
slamn sammy

I got one for u! What size prop wile u put on a 25 cc Homelite conversation ? I got it on E- Bay for $13:00+ shipping. I bought it for that Chipmunk and it will not fit, the fly wheels to big! I'm rebuilding an Aero works 78 in extra TR250 that my X smashed up. (I piss her off good) It's that or a q40 . It's a 35 cc plane. I thank the Homelite Is a 25? I have an Q40 and a Z38 that runs good or as a last resorts Super Tiger 4500 that drinks up 40 oz in 8 min. On a pru- power muller. I don't run it munch! Lol. I don't thank the Homelite is a 30 cc (I WISH)! I was thanking a 16?? What's the word? I can contacted at [email protected], Thanks. Later. ':~\
P.S. How do you know what size your homelite is anyway?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:25 PM
slamn sammy

Will you e-mail me a copy of that paper on the maloney? If toy will please send it to [email protected] Thank you.