Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

clarify ibec VA using igntion battery and separate rx battery for redunancy .i am con

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

clarify ibec VA using igntion battery and separate rx battery for redunancy .i am con

Old 08-28-2014, 06:19 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clarify ibec VA using igntion battery and separate rx battery for redunancy .i am con

I set up a wh 260 baby egde with a 30cc dle using a futaba super 8 system. I thought the ibec was a good way to go as it had a built in regulator and i am using life batteries.then i was visiting and saw my friend using a redundancy set up wit 2 switches and 2 batteries.a miracle switch. MA i am totally unsure which way to go now and won't fly until i am set in my mind what to do.i need advice.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:22 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Why not use both the IBEC and the 2 switches/batteries? The second switch and battery are there in case of a switch failure, as well as provide the ability of supplying a LOT of extra power to the receiver and servos.It's almost a necessity in the case of larger digital (read that POWER HUNGRY!) servos.

In the case of A123 batteries, the second battery on that setup is optional IMHO. A properly sized single A123 is capable of supplying plenty of amperage for that setup, and power to the second switch can be supplied by a second power lead coming from a single battery.