Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

DLE30 Engine Muffler Size increased?

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE30 Engine Muffler Size increased?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 11:38 AM
wshall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE30 Engine Muffler Size increased?

Has anyone ordered a replacement muffler for your DLE30? I did from Tower Hobbies and the replacement muffler was almost twice the size of the original one. Tower couldn't explain the difference, I've sent it back because I will have to significantly modify the cowl of my Extreme Flight 30CC Extra 300. Tower said their supply of replacement mufflers all match this oversized part. WSHall
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	449.0 KB
ID:	2040612  
Old 10-16-2014, 01:03 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

With the DLE parts, it would be nice if Tower posted pictures of what you are actually getting.

There are several DLE 55 parts that are no longer made like the existing pictures
Old 10-16-2014, 01:54 PM
wshall

So is that a DLE55 muffler?
Old 10-16-2014, 02:24 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See if these guys have something that fits. Dan.
http://www.bissonmufflers.com/en/index.html
Old 10-16-2014, 04:39 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by wshall
Has anyone ordered a replacement muffler for your DLE30? I did from Tower Hobbies and the replacement muffler was almost twice the size of the original one. Tower couldn't explain the difference, I've sent it back because I will have to significantly modify the cowl of my Extreme Flight 30CC Extra 300. Tower said their supply of replacement mufflers all match this oversized part. WSHall
Well that replacement muffler would probably be quieter than the original one! That is a plus in my book. My stock mufflers just take up space, unused in drawers.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:27 AM
wshall

Originally Posted by Truckracer
Well that replacement muffler would probably be quieter than the original one! That is a plus in my book. My stock mufflers just take up space, unused in drawers.
The problem is that its bigger, heavier and will cause me to have to re-carve my cowl. i may just have to go with an aftermarket.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:43 AM
Checklst

He Wshall.....my original dl30 muffler is of the smaller size, it was purchased 3 years or so ago. I noticed were in the same area so to speak.....I live in Alpharetta, GA I fly at the GMA off of exit 17 on 400. Drop me a line I have my new original muffler(small) you can have .......I use an can exhaust on my 540 30cc

Good luck

[email protected]
Old 10-17-2014, 08:38 AM
wshall

Thanks David. For some reason the e-mail address wouldn't go through. Sent you an RCU Private message. I'd be glad to meet you @ GMA. Been there may times. Thanks, WSHall