Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

40cc twin or ~35cc single? pro's? con's? go!

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

40cc twin or ~35cc single? pro's? con's? go!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 08:55 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info bob, if it is as simple as the servos and a battery pack for balancing maybe I should be looking at the da50r or dle55ra.... hmmm
Old 01-08-2015, 11:36 AM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

The Midwest Cap is a great plane for tumbling but it is little heavy for 3D by most standards . I had the Midwest Cap years ago and it flew great with a G38 . I also have a couple VVRC 40 twins and They are impressively smooth and strong engines. I feel the CAP with the 40 twin would be a good combo . I would split the cowl for installing the twin, and be sure you provide adequate baffling to the cylinders with plenty of exit area under the bottom rear of the cowl with a slight air dam to increase the airflow by creating more negative pressure.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:27 PM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mattnew
Thanks for the info, I was not aware you could still buy one of these.

Bob
Old 01-08-2015, 06:18 PM
mattnew

Originally Posted by sensei
Thanks for the info, I was not aware you could still buy one of these.

Bob
They have been in the clearance section for about 2 years now, mine rung up at $210 for the kit despite the advertised price of $230. I have a feeling that when they are gone they are gone, but until the stock is gone they will sell them
Old 01-08-2015, 08:32 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My evolution (mvvs) 35 was turning a 20x10 mejlick at 7700 right out of the box tuned a little fat for the break in flight. I have not seen a dle 35 nearly as strong. The valley view 40 twin is 2-300 rpm under the mvvs..
Old 01-09-2015, 06:06 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mattnew
They have been in the clearance section for about 2 years now, mine rung up at $210 for the kit despite the advertised price of $230. I have a feeling that when they are gone they are gone, but until the stock is gone they will sell them
Thanks again, I just ordered mine!

Bob
Old 01-10-2015, 03:02 PM
mattnew

DLE 55RA it is.... while it wasn't in my original considerations... $359 and free shipping makes it really to tempting to not try. It is more engine than I want... but if I don't have to fight to balance the engine and can do it without adding weight
.. this also means I can spin a larger 3 blade prop which will look. Closer to scale which I like as wel....

Thanks all for the info. Everyone basically confirmed.. for performance stick with the singles... for smoothness and scale go with the twins