U.S. 41cc gas engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 04:04 PM
FPhillips
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool U.S. 41cc gas engine

Hello.
A good flying buddy gave me a U.S. 41cc Gas Engine in good shape. It is all original, operates with the factory magneto, and has a spring starter, built in and has the standard walbro carb.

Can anyone kindly tell me what size yellow tygon gas fuel line to buy for it? I know that there are multiple size options as far as the I.D. of the line, from 1/8" up. From reference charts, it appeared that the .15 to .20 sized gasoline engines used a 1/8" diameter I.D. line. I figured that the larger engines would need a larger size but I could not find a cut-off in the range charts to tell me when a larger size is needed.

Also, I have been looking for a copy of the original instruction manual for the engine and have been unable to find one. Would any one have one that they might copy to a PDF and send me a link to download one?

Thank you.

Way down in Denham Springs, Louisiana
Old 02-28-2015, 05:17 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Keep in mind you're talking about a gasoline engine, not glow. The smaller sizes (like 1/8") will flow plenty of fuel for your Q41. Congrats on the new engine! -Al

Way, way down in Fl.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:08 AM
FPhillips
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello ahicks way, way, down in FL. What you mentioned makes good, common sense. I have flown gas powered planes for buddies, but this will be my first gas engine to actually own and use.
I have always flown glow fueled planes. I am looking forward to a new chapter in flight, especially in the larger gas birds.
Thank you for your help.