Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

NGH 26GT muffler bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 07:27 AM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Default NGH 26GT muffler bolts?

I am in need of some muffler bolts for a NGH 25GT I have. I installed the NGH pitts muffler and had to cut down the stock bolts to get it to fit. They were to long for the Pitts muffler. I made a mistake and cut them to short so now I am in need of some new muffler bolts. Does anyone know what size they are? I think they my be the same size as the OS 90FX but not real sure. Thanks
Old 05-15-2015, 06:32 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are standard metric size bolts. You can get them at your local ACE hardware store. Just take a bolt in with you to compare with the ones in the store. In some cases Home Depot and Lowes might have that size too. But it tends to be hit and miss with them though.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:14 AM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Earl,

I found out they are 4mm cap screws that use a 3mm Allen wrench. All I could find was 4mm x 40mm. I bought them but I think they will be a little short. I guess I will try RTL Fastners to see if they my have them in 50mm lengths. Thanks