Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Agm-30?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 02:11 PM
sea157
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agm-30?

What are people thinking about their AGM-30 engines?
I read most of the mixed reviews but most of them were from 2010.
Now that people had them for a while now I would like to hear what people think of them.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:02 AM
RJConnet

Been flying my AGM 30 on a Aeroworks Extra 260 Freestyle for a year now. Starts easy, turns a Xoar 18-8 prop 7800-8000, and idles at 1800. Never a dead-stick (not one), have no complaints......... Bob C.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:33 PM
flyierjon

I just got one not long ago and ran it for the first time this past weekend... started right up after getting it primed and ran great for 30 min and only used half of a 24oz tank! idles very nice and easy to tune... only had to turn the high end needle out a 1/8th of a turn but ran perfectly other wise for break in. running a xoar 18/10 prop on a 70" cap 232
Old 07-21-2015, 06:38 PM
rcav8rt

beware of AGM engines bought on e-bay, I bought an AGM 30cc from borantrading, an e-bay co, It was advertised with a USA warranty, I have a problem with this engine and I contacted AGM, they refused to service my engine, they said the warranty was good only for engines bought from their web site, they wouldn't give me a phone number or service center address, the service centers shown on their web site told me that they were removed from warranty service, the e-bay company said ,Sorry,
Old 07-22-2015, 04:05 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The AGM V1 engines were working OK for the most part. But a few people got some with prop-driver hubs that wobbled more than they should. The AGM V2 engines appear to have had a batch made with the wrong cylinder/head on them. Sort of like putting a long stroke unit on a short stroke engine. Thus the V2 engines that people bought would only develop about 1/2 the power that they should have. AGM was offering to fix the problem as a warranty issue. But at the time, they didn't have the new cylinder/heads in yet.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:10 AM
timlan

V2 motors are junk mostly. AGM has turned off their phones and wont answer emails. Do Not Buy AGM products from anybody!
Old 07-29-2015, 07:39 AM
timlan

Chinese Customer Service:

Dear Timothy,

We are sorry to tell you that we do not change for the items which was sold out from any ebay or Amazon store, since we did not open any store at these platform yet, and only the engines sold out from our offical website can enjoy the warranty of what we promised. As for your question, we suggest you contact with your ebay seller to have this problem solved.

Best regards
[HR][/HR][email protected]
Old 07-30-2015, 05:02 AM
rcav8rt

you sold the engines to the amazon and ebay stores and told them they had a one year warranty, the dealers you have listed on your web site said that you removed them as dealers and service centers and they can't get parts to service their customers engine, yet they are still listed on your web site as dealers, I think that you are trying to cut your losses on the 30cc V2 engine and what you're doing is pretty low life.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:45 AM
Rod_Hart
My Feedback: (4)

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a V1 and V2. I pick one up new in the box at a garage sale.

Thanks

Rod
Old 07-30-2015, 08:34 AM
rcav8rt

the ebay seller stated it was a V 2, sorry I don't know more
Old 07-30-2015, 01:11 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If what I am told by my China contacts this just history repeating itself.

I am told that Tommy as he is known who sold the MT line of engines and doing the same thing with that line of engines.

Milton
Old 07-30-2015, 02:39 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They were discussing the failure of the MT Engines in this thread about the AGM engines a couple of years ago http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...t=84907&page=7
It seems to start at about post 100.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:08 PM
cobrajocky

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sea157
What are people thinking about their AGM-30 engines?
I read most of the mixed reviews but most of them were from 2010.
Now that people had them for a while now I would like to hear what people think of them.
Here's a great Mechanic's test / review of the AGM30. I was deliberating buying one before I found this test video on another RC Forum site, and the Oregon importer refused to address the accusation that the AGM's are factory 2nds from DLE. NOTE the test mechanic says he's already sent a First one back, this is the Second replacement that's still unacceptable! I'm gathering from the tester is that the AGM's are DLE factory "seconds", even ones that should have been discarded.

I've dealt with Brushless Motor factories in China for better than 2 decades (as an importer) and this is a real problem with China manufacturers .... they NEVER throw rejects away, they sell them off WITH NO WARNINGS under a different name. Very dispicable and very typical of China. You'd never see this from Japan or Korea, even Taiwan manufacturers. I wouldn't touch one of these AGM's in a coveted model of mine with a 10 foot pole.

https://youtu.be/yoPpaND5quc