Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Gas Engine running temperatures

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 07:02 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spaceworm
Ok, even sweeter. Nice to have a double throw crank and simultaneous firing. Some Saito fire like a boxer engine, mine has a single pin crank and fires like a Harley. Sounds like one at idle.

Sincerely, Richard
I like that Harley sound at idle also !
Old 06-21-2015, 12:12 AM
oldtimer4759

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had two flights on the Corsair over the weekend, the engine went like a charm both flights, first flight it was running up to 165 C, but around 150 to 160 C most of the flight, same as on the ground without the cowl. Next flight half an hour later I had the other sensor hooked up, it ran at about 120 C most of the flight, even lower for some of it. Various throttle settings, throughout the flight.
the engine runs great, good to start, no signs of running hot, other members of the club have agreed, the exhaust is clean, I pulled both plugs and they are the same colour, the only thing I can put it down to is the engine is still new, about 3 hours running so far, still running in, the prop wont bounce back yet.
Plan is to remove the sensors and gear, fly it for another 20 flights or so and then check it again.
the engine is an EME 70, it only has a single carby.
thanks, Oldtimer.