Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Gas Engine - Choke Push Rods: Need Some Suggestions

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Gas Engine - Choke Push Rods: Need Some Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 08:03 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes all radios can fail but those on 72 are mire likely to because they have more fragile parts in addition to the interference problem.
You have my permission to do what you like. Its your airplane.
Bye
Old 06-30-2015, 08:28 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by [email protected]
i saw 2 pattern planes go in at the same time at my field on 2.4so that means all radios can go bad at times??????
Yes...it's an electronic transponder system afterall that puts out, tops, half a watt of power. Electrical spikes can have momentary amplitudes in kilovolts and if the freq is close enough, the receiver will get swamped. Electrical spikes can happen from various sources including the occasional leaky CDI.

Personally I have yet to experience a radio failure due to a CDI spike in both 72 Meg and 2.4 Gig. But experienced it plenty on 27 Meg. On the other hand, everyone can see that 27 is 72, backwards, so that's the reason.... LOL
Old 06-30-2015, 11:27 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In fact the 2.4 systems I know of put out less than 0.1 watt.Also the atmospheric loss is much greater at 2.4 than it is on 72. The savings grace on 2.4 is spread spectrum systems are capable of up to 40db processor gain. That is the same as increasing the transmitter power output 4 orders of magnitude. If our systems were capable of that much processor gain it would be equivalent to a TX power of 100 watts. Our systems are not capable of that much processor gain but they have enough to make it work
Another factor to consider is most 72 equipment has been manufactured some time ago. Electronics dont last forever. Electrolytic capacitors in those units dry out and quit working.