Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

DLE ENGINES going to exclusive USA dealer.

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE ENGINES going to exclusive USA dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 08:10 PM
Leroy Gardner

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default DLE ENGINES going to exclusive USA dealer.

I got an email that DLE ENGINES was going to have only one exclusive dealer in the USA, I think it includes service. WHO IS IT, try Tower Hobby. Sad day that Valley View RC will no longer be a dealer as well as the rest of them. Personally I think it's a bad decision that will cost DLE big time. Time will tell.

LG
Old 07-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I believe the change could best be described as a change in distribution. Hobbico now has exclusive distribution rights for DLE engines and parts in the USA and their Hobby Services will handle service. They will continue to wholesale these engines to any dealers who choose to sell them as they have for several years now. Of course they will be available through Tower Hobbies which is the retail side of the Hobbico house but Tower is not the distributor.

Certain previously exclusive dealers such as Valley View can no longer buy direct from DLE which is very sad as they were one of the very early supporters of the brand. Likewise they can no longer obtain the necessary parts to do their own warranty. At minimum, DLE should have allowed VV to keep buying parts as before so they could support their very large customer base. Sounds like VV is washing their hands of the whole DLE engine lineup even though they could get the engines through normal wholesale distribution channels just like any other company.

The whole situation is sad and unfortunate for many involved.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:42 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hobby Services or Tower does not repair DLE engines or even OS engines ! They only do warranty. If you send your old worn out DLE to them, they will tell you it is beyond repair and offer to sell you a new DLE at 10% off? They are in business to sell DLE engines not do repairs that may incur additional obligations?
Old 07-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by w8ye
Hobby Services or Tower does not repair DLE engines or even OS engines ! They only do warranty. If you send your old worn out DLE to them, they will tell you it is beyond repair and offer to sell you a new DLE at 10% off? They are in business to sell DLE engines not do repairs that may incur additional obligations?
Actually, Hobby Services performs all kinds of repairs upon the engine brands we service. It's when the cost of parts and labor get too high that we offer a new engine at a price that's very competitive with the cost of repair. It all depends upon what the damage is, and what the cost of repair happens to be. Unfortunately, with the prices charged by some of the vendors, it can very quickly cost more to repair than to purchase a new one. It all depends upon what is needed to effect the repair.

A "worn out" engine may require a new piston, ring, bearings, possibly a cylinder or cylinder liner, and even, in the worst case, a crank. At that point, you see that just about the only thing to reuse would be the crankcase...you may as well purchase a new engine.

Last edited by Bax; 07-13-2015 at 10:42 AM.