Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Gas to glo plug.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 09:45 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kerwin50
I tried the os glow plug on my DLE 30. She wanted to start backwards when flipping it. But bumping it backwards she fire right up in the right direction. I wasn't that impressed with the idle though.
I got my adaptor from valleyview rc. I over tighen it and twisted the hex portion off it. My fault.
Does anyone know where I can get a 14 mm to glow adaptor. I'm wanting to try the glowplug on a conversion engine
I have the 14MM to 14x32 adapters.
$10.oo plus P&H.$5.00 Priority mail. Sorry I missed your question before.
BCCHI Send me a SASE Priorty and I will send you one.You can send me check when you get part.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:18 AM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This morning I tried the NGH26 with the gasglow plug again. I first started the engine on ignition and warmed it up. I then pulled the plug and replaced it with the gasglow plug. It ran fine. I got a real nice low idle. I didn't fly it as the carb is not properly adjusted.It will quit when I open the throttle wide open. The high needle won't fix it. I think the low needle is too lean. It did that on ignition.
I don't have a glow driver and had to borrow one. I don't think it was up to where it should be.
This might lead to the resurrection of small gas engines.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:19 PM
MTK

Originally Posted by MTK
Thanks Bill,
I am sending a check for two adapters, plus snh. I will get glow plugs from RCJapan.
I purchased 4 G5's for gasoline. Total cost including shipping was 34$ (just over 4000 yen). Should arrive in NJ mid Feb.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:03 PM
bcchi

Originally Posted by MTK
I purchased 4 G5's for gasoline. Total cost including shipping was 34$ (just over 4000 yen). Should arrive in NJ mid Feb.
Can anyone order from this Co.O-well I do not need any more G-5 Glo plugs.May have some time to play with engines this week end.Still to cold to fly.
BCCHI.Spent two sessions in Riverton ER this week. I am on blood thinners and it got too thin and was leaking out my nose and could not stop it. Not a fun procedure.
BC
Old 01-30-2016, 06:52 AM
dirtybird

Take it easy on those things. You can't lose too much blood or you will have to spend some time in the hospital.That is not a lot different from being injail
Old 02-01-2016, 10:18 PM
bcchi

Originally Posted by MTK
Will send tomorrow.
BCCHI
Old 02-02-2016, 06:42 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bcchi
Can anyone order from this Co.O-well I do not need any more G-5 Glo plugs.May have some time to play with engines this week end.Still to cold to fly.
BCCHI.Spent two sessions in Riverton ER this week. I am on blood thinners and it got too thin and was leaking out my nose and could not stop it. Not a fun procedure.
BC
Get better fast....Capt,n
Old 02-02-2016, 08:18 AM
MTK

Originally Posted by MTK
The plugs just arrived today, a couple weeks ahead of expectation. I guess a small package takes less time.

looking at my receipt, cost was 4400 yen not 4000 as I stated earlier. Price per plug was less than 10$ each including shipping. Compared to pricing from local sources, it's about 30% savings. For what it's worth 2 u
Old 02-14-2016, 07:58 AM
dirtybird

Tower sent me a $10 off coupon if i ordered $50 worth of merchandise. So I ordered 4 plugs and got them for $42.
I also got one of those fancy glow drivers with a built in meter. However the range of the meter is 0 to 6V. Why would you put in a meter of this range for a 1.2 V Battery? When the battery is fully charged it is just barely inthe green range.
Has anyone else tried these plugs?

I started my NGH26 this morning without warming it up with ignition.I am surprised how well it idled.
OS advises not to idle their engine less than 3000RPM. I think it is because their engine is so small,
My 26cc will idle about 2000 with no trouble

Last edited by dirtybird; 02-14-2016 at 10:35 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-14-2016, 10:27 PM
bcchi

Originally Posted by dirtybird
Tower sent me a $10 off coupon if i ordered $50 worth of merchandise. So I ordered 4 plugs and got them for $42.
I also got one of those fancy glow drivers with a built in meter. However the range of the meter is 0 to 6V. Why would you put in a meter of this range for a 1.2 V Battery? When the battery is fully charged it is just barely inthe green range.
Has anyone else tried these plugs?

I started my NGH26 this morning without warming it up with ignition.I am surprised how well it idled.
OS advises not to idle their engine less than 3000RPM. I think it is because their engine is so small,
My 26cc will idle about 2000 with no trouble
You will barely see the gas glo plug light up with 1.2 volts. So not try and make it glo bright,will burn it out.Got to fly Fri was beautiful day. The Dl 30 gas glo would not hand start in the cooler weather first start of the day.Used a starter and started right up.After first start ,hand started fine the rest of the day.I think OS says not to even try hand starting.The DLE 30 will start backwards part of the time.Found out you do not want to crank it too hard just normal flip through.When flipped really hard I think it goes through one and far enough into the second turn to start backwards.T hats my threrey and I sticking to it.We pretty well proved buy slowing down the hand flip and start right way every time. My friend likes to start my motors and he cranks them like a mad man.Slowed him down and starting was much better. It was hard for fliers there to believe this.The more it started backwards the harder he flipped it. LOL.Flew the new VV 20 a couple of flights on spark.I will try it on glo gas but I am going to leave it on spark,runs and starts so nice.
BCCHI Tired old CH guy.Will send your parts tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:42 AM
dirtybird

OK TOCG, thanks.
I have a DLE30 and a RCGF15 that are going to get those plugs.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:06 PM
mscic-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Originally Posted by kerwin50
Where can I get a glow plug adaptor that fits a DLE engine
another source:

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...#quickFeatures
Old 02-15-2016, 09:25 PM
bcchi

Originally Posted by mscic-RCU
Valley View RC also has them.
BC
Old 02-16-2016, 06:28 AM
Guybo-1
My Feedback: (15)

Ok I have an OS GT15 NIB and I would like to convert it in to a GGT15 and not have to deal with the spark ignition system set up. I have looked at the parts list for both the GT15 and the GGT15 And they look the same accept for the plug and maybe the heads. What would it take to convert the GT15 into a GGT15 and not have to deal with all of the extra spark ignition parts? Would it be as simple as removing the spark plug and just thread in the OS Gas/Glow plug? Or will we have to order the head for the GGt15 and install it? Or is there some differences in the fuel pump and carb. that is not reflected by the parts numbers? Is it even possible?
Old 02-16-2016, 06:33 AM
Guybo-1
My Feedback: (15)

Also how long do you think that OS will release it's first .52" to .70" class Gas burning 4c engine? Will it be a spark ignition set up like Siato's engines or will the go straight to the Gas/Glow ignition system like on their GGT10 and 15 engines? I for one hope that they do and that it is soon. I also hope that it is the Gas/Glow ignition system:-)
Old 02-16-2016, 11:21 AM
dirtybird

Why don't you try it and let us know? For sure there will be no difference in the fuel system.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:59 PM
bcchi

Originally Posted by dirtybird
Why don't you try it and let us know? For sure there will be no difference in the fuel system.
I think the G-15 would run fine with the GG-glo plug.Tell me why the Ign version G-15 is lower priced then the GG-15.When it comes with a Ign system.Does the Ign G-15 use the CM-6 spark plug?
should get parts tomorrow. Do both have needle bearing rods.

Where is Sun Tan Valley AZ.Spent one winter in Benson Az. Flew in Sierra Vista.Did not like it that well.
BCCHI.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:20 AM
dirtybird

San Tan Valley is 15 miles south of Apache Junction.We used to be a part of Queen Creek. If you don't know where they are its SE of Phoenix.
I plan to go out an fly with the GG plug today.
I always use a starter. My fingers are more expensive than my engines.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:56 PM
MTK

Originally Posted by Guybo-1
Ok I have an OS GT15 NIB and I would like to convert it in to a GGT15 and not have to deal with the spark ignition system set up. I have looked at the parts list for both the GT15 and the GGT15 And they look the same accept for the plug and maybe the heads. What would it take to convert the GT15 into a GGT15 and not have to deal with all of the extra spark ignition parts? Would it be as simple as removing the spark plug and just thread in the OS Gas/Glow plug? Or will we have to order the head for the GGt15 and install it? Or is there some differences in the fuel pump and carb. that is not reflected by the parts numbers? Is it even possible?
Read a little further up on this page. I did the ign to glow conversion on the OS15cc. I used the adapter that Bill C sells (bcci) and the G5 plug. It's been too cold and nasty to play with the set up yet, but spring is only a month and half away.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:32 PM
dirtybird

Originally Posted by MTK
Read a little further up on this page. I did the ign to glow conversion on the OS15cc. I used the adapter that Bill C sells (bcci) and the G5 plug. It's been too cold and nasty to play with the set up yet, but spring is only a month and half away.
It was 90 degrees here yesterday. yuk yuk
Old 02-18-2016, 05:23 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

90 degrees F is getting too hot for me
Old 02-19-2016, 07:02 AM
dirtybird

Originally Posted by w8ye
90 degrees F is getting too hot for me
It would be in Ohio with your humidity.
But here with 10% humidity its quite comfortable.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:56 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I know that's a popular opinion (dry heat), but from this Mi. native's perspective after spending some time in the Phoenix area, that low humidity may help, but I'll still be sweating like a pig when it gets to 90.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:32 AM
dirtybird

Originally Posted by ahicks
I know that's a popular opinion (dry heat), but from this Mi. native's perspective after spending some time in the Phoenix area, that low humidity may help, but I'll still be sweating like a pig when it gets to 90.
That is what keeps you cool. Drink lots of water.
From living in MI your body knows it must dump lots of water to combat that high humidity.
If you stay in the dessert a year or two, it will; quit doing that and just put out what you need.
In fact,one of the problems here is they don't know they are losing water and wind up with heat exhaustion.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:30 AM
dirtybird

I received the adapters yesterday. Both my DLE30 and RCGF15 engines are mounted inverted. Will that cause problems with the GGlow plug?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.