Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Frank Bowman's Retirement

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 09:04 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Frank Bowman's Retirement

With Frank Bowman's retirement, is anyone going to continue the piston ring production as Frank did? Dan.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:16 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by All Day Dan
With Frank Bowman's retirement, is anyone going to continue the piston ring production as Frank did? Dan.
Frank is a very dear friend.I think he is all done.Doesn;t want to try and teach the trade to anyone else.
BCCHI. I no how he feels.Burned out.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:41 AM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I appreciate the situation, but what am I going to do with all the project engines I have lying around that need rings??

AV8TOR
Old 11-20-2015, 04:24 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BCCHI, He has a wealth of knowledge and equipment that he could pass on to some else like you did for Adrian. The whole hobby including him would benefit from it. Dan.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:38 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Dan, maybe Frank would entertain a visit from someone regarding the subject if the visitor was very diplomatic and understanding of the subject and Frank's personal dedication to quality.

While my personal situation is completely unrelated, when I retired, I just walked away and never looked back. I vowed I would never work in my career field again even on a limited basis. As a result, I understand completely where Frank is coming from. It is difficult if not impossible to find someone with one's own personal convictions to quality and dedication ..... so why try. Its good to look back on the good times and move forward into a new, completely different chapter in life.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:58 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Truckracer
Dan, maybe Frank would entertain a visit from someone regarding the subject if the visitor was very diplomatic and understanding of the subject and Frank's personal dedication to quality.

While my personal situation is completely unrelated, when I retired, I just walked away and never looked back. I vowed I would never work in my career field again even on a limited basis. As a result, I understand completely where Frank is coming from. It is difficult if not impossible to find someone with one's own personal convictions to quality and dedication ..... so why try. Its good to look back on the good times and move forward into a new, completely different chapter in life.
Very true,Good post.
BCCHI