Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CH Ignition for Moki 150 radial

Old 11-26-2015, 10:03 AM
asw_35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CH Ignition for Moki 150 radial

I have owned my Moki 150 for years, and have never really been happy with it's performance. It seems to have one cylinder cut out in flight. I shelved the motor for a few years and played with other things. I decided to take another look at it a month ago and after a bit of research concluded I had an ignition problem. I contacted Adrian from CH Ignitions. He knew of the issues with the lower cylinders and suggested I try one of his ignitions. I ordered one and it came in about a week.
It was an easy install, and Adrian walked me through removing the old coil and wired from the motor. It fired right up and immediately I was getting the correct RPM with no drop outs. I have not flown the plane with the new ignition yet (weather), but I am really looking forward to it. I was surprised the ignition could make such a difference.
I am very pleased with CH Ignitions and Adrian's support.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:59 AM
CH Ignitions
My Feedback: (11)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CH CDI for MOKI 150-180 5Cyl Radial Engines

Hello everyone, this is the NEW look of the new CDI for Moki 150-180 5Cyl Radial engines.

CDI is made in USA by me and my wife Camelia.

Features:
  • Aluminum enclosure L100mm x W45mm x H31mm
  • Weight 352grams with sensor
  • Operating voltage 6 to 12VDC, 6 V-7.4v optimal 2100 mA +
  • Uses 450-500mA @6000RPM
  • Rev-Limiter after 6000 RPM (does not cut out spark, spark will be present but will not develop power, that to prevent flooding of the engine)
  • Tachometer output
  • LED to indicate sensor activity green/red color (5 greens - 1 red)
  • Repairable if necessary
  • 2 year warranty ( does not include wire rubbing / cuts or Caps )

Available and build by order, lead time 2 WK or less .

Thanks
Adrian
+1 (561) 927 6171 to order
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MOKI 150-180 CDI.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	2132654  

Last edited by CH Ignitions; 11-26-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:44 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by asw_35
I have owned my Moki 150 for years, and have never really been happy with it's performance. It seems to have one cylinder cut out in flight. I shelved the motor for a few years and played with other things. I decided to take another look at it a month ago and after a bit of research concluded I had an ignition problem. I contacted Adrian from CH Ignitions. He knew of the issues with the lower cylinders and suggested I try one of his ignitions. I ordered one and it came in about a week.
It was an easy install, and Adrian walked me through removing the old coil and wired from the motor. It fired right up and immediately I was getting the correct RPM with no drop outs. I have not flown the plane with the new ignition yet (weather), but I am really looking forward to it. I was surprised the ignition could make such a difference.
I am very pleased with CH Ignitions and Adrian's support.
Adrian is a good guy. I am glad I gave the CH name to him. He and his beautiful wife hand build all of the CH Ignitions.He does his own soft ware for the computer distributer and timing.
BCCHI Tired old CH guy.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:27 PM
affas

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have tested several Adrian CH products and they work very well. I also did visit him when I was at vacation in the US from Norway and met his family. Probably need Moki ignition tomorrow so looking forward to all new products Adrian,

Thanks Alf