Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

DLE 20 runs for a minute, then won't start again

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 20 runs for a minute, then won't start again

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 10:02 AM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

It costs nothing but time to go through a few prime / run cycles to see if the carb starts passing fuel. Just be sure the needles are open far enough so the engine can run when fuel finally flows normally.

Yes, these engines are very reliable and trouble free. I think you're just in a learning curve right now. We've all been there sometime in the past.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:05 AM
Pete1burn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. (And to everyone else.) I have the needles out L 1.75 and H 2 so it should be very rich. I'll give it a shot at some point this weekend and see what happens.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Pete1burn

Primed it 7 or 8 times and it finally fired up and stayed running. Of course it was boggy and needed about half throttle to stay running and wouldn't spool up much but I'm assuming that's because it's so rich.

I'll have to look up some tips on tuning the needles. Hopefully it'll be much easier to start now.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:39 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds like you're on the right track.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:05 PM
uk.expat

for what its worth my brand new dle20 ra would not draw fuel took the diaphram from an old weed wacker,replaced the dry one in the new engine and away she went,cheap fix.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:48 AM
ocrcdude
My Feedback: (179)

Great advice guys! I might have the same problems. Seems like it all happens at one time. My DLE 30 and DA 50 seem to have these symptoms. Mostly on the DLE. The DA might be a little different. I'm going to have to wait a while to fix the problems, going on a small vacation with the wife. Granddaughters are on Summer vacation. Know it's our turn. I'll catch up when we get back.