Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Problem starting Revolution R50 gas engine

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Problem starting Revolution R50 gas engine

Old 09-12-2016, 11:07 AM
clevis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem starting Revolution R50 gas engine

The engine will pop quietly only once with the choke on or off and just will not start when the choke is off. The engine eventually floods and I have to remove the the plug to get the gas out. There was about two gallons of fuel run through so far and I would think the engine is almost like new. Electronic ignition seems OK, I get a spark for every revolution. There is no fuel exiting the muffler when priming. Is there supposed to be fuel coming out when priming gas engines with electronic ignition? Would there be some kind of problem with the Walbro carb? If so, like what? Any kind of help or suggestions would be most appreciated. Many thanks.

Clevis
Old 09-12-2016, 01:45 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

clevis, I don't mean to be funny but I always start with changing the plug. I'm sure the other guys have plenty of good suggestions. Dan.