Saito 21fg inverted?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 02:59 AM
Zman39
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 21fg inverted?

Hey All

I have a Saiton 21 four stroke gas that I am putting in a plane. I would like to install inverted for cleaner look. I was just wondering if there are any concerns on inverting the engine. I know on glows, you would usually have to run an onboard glow but i would assume this isnt needed on spark engine?

Thx
Old 12-17-2016, 12:30 PM
ForcesR

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zman39
Hey All

I have a Saiton 21 four stroke gas that I am putting in a plane. I would like to install inverted for cleaner look. I was just wondering if there are any concerns on inverting the engine. I know on glows, you would usually have to run an onboard glow but i would assume this isnt needed on spark engine?

Thx
My FA100 is inverted and has been flying since 2009 with no onboard glow, never had a problem with that set up. My FG 20 and FG36 have been installed inverted since 2010 and 2011, never a problem with those Saito gas engines either. I love my Saito engines! My next Saito gas engine, the FG60R3 will be installed in the TF FW-190 this January, as soon as I finish assembling my 89" WS ESM Spitfire. I wish Saito would have made a single cylinder gas engine around 65cc to fit the Spitfire, unfortunately I had to settle with a 2 stroke DLE 55cc RA weed whacker!