Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BME 50cc engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 03:37 PM
clevis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BME 50cc engine

The above engine just quit during flight and I could not start it again. I never had any problems with it previously. I noticed that it was not pumping any fuel. I examined the carb and even though it was clean like new, I still cleaned it and replaced the screen, the pump diaphram as well as the metering diaphram and it still does not pump fuel. What else could be the problem? Would there be any problem with the engine itself other than the carb? It has plenty of compression. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Many thanks.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:08 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

clevis, make sure you have the metering diaphragm against the cover and not against the carburetor. Change the spark plug and the ignition module. Have you cycled the ignition battery lately to check it's capacity? Dan.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:25 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
Sounds like a blocked passage somewhere.
It could be a few things.

First is the pulse port in the engine and/or carb clogged or partly covered by the carb to engine gasket ?

Did you remove the high and low needles and blow them clean with air or solvent ?

Last thing would be ,with the needles removed, to remove the Welch plug in the carb clean inside then run a very fine wire through the ports/holes. Make sure to replace it with a new plug cover from the kit.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:47 PM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Have you checked the fuel lines for kinks , etc... I would pull the fuel line off and Run a fuel line straight from the carb to another gas tank or fuel can and see if it will pull fuel . If it does pull fuel then the problem is in your tank or lines. If it still will not pull fuel then I would remove the carb and the carb isolator block and inspect the gaskets for proper positioning and / or a blockage or more likely a crack near the pulse passage .
Old 07-13-2017, 07:25 AM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CK1
Have you checked the fuel lines for kinks , etc... I would pull the fuel line off and Run a fuel line straight from the carb to another gas tank or fuel can and see if it will pull fuel . If it does pull fuel then the problem is in your tank or lines. If it still will not pull fuel then I would remove the carb and the carb isolator block and inspect the gaskets for proper positioning and / or a blockage or more likely a crack near the pulse passage .
+1 if it was running then quit, i would first suspect the fuel line got kinked somewhere, the clunk fell off, you inadvertently hooked to the vent line etc and it ran for a few min then sucked air.... .. Hook a spare tank to it and see if it draws fuel.. If it doesn't then the tank was most likely dirty and plugged it up so you will need to disassemble and clean both the tank and the carb.. Dont get excited taking it apart until you check the supply thoroughly...