Ixtrim

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Nostromo1 View Post
I see your point. The 100cc had gotten me thinking about how the modular design could decrease production cost. From the marketing research perspective, I would pay $1.5k for the best 50cc considering the cost and build time of, say, a 1/4 scale kit. The engine adds a soul to the plane - don't want to compromise too much here. Sadly, I was quoted $2k for the remaining 50cc here in the US. Now that sadly does price me out of hoping to get a Kolm.

Ask Andy Kane for an offer, we will see how much it is total for you!

Tom
Old 02-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Nostromo1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I received a quote for US$1795 plus $200 shipping from Andy for a total of $1995 for the non-electric start version. I had mentioned to him that I was one click away from buying one over the summer (price at Vogelsang was good), but wasn't sure which exhaust would be best, so I decided to wait. That was a bad decision on my part because now I'm priced out with the current price being 90% higher.

Last edited by Nostromo1; 02-11-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:58 PM
Ixtrim

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Nostromo1 View Post
I received a quote for US$1795 plus $200 shipping from Andy for a total of $1995 for the non-electric start version. I had mentioned to him that I was one click away from buying one over the summer (price at Vogelsang was good), but wasn't sure which exhaust would be best, so I decided to wait. That was a bad decision on my part because now I'm priced out with the current price being 90% higher.

90% higher is not possible, i knew the old price list and the new one. i think the ez50 went up about 35%. due to bad calculations and other mistakes. this came out because of the try to sell the company, so Mr. Ploberger was lucky and found out that the engine was bad calculated.
sorry to hear that you missed your chance to get one. maybe we get one back one day, then we can offer it to you if you want!

Tom
Old 02-12-2019, 04:54 AM
Nostromo1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I mentioned the 90% because, to the best of my recollection, Toni Clark and a few other european vendors like Probuild were advertising ~$1100 (after Euro to Dollar conversion), and now its 1995. I'd like the company to be successful and would value the quality over the competition to be worth a 35% increase. Higher quality engineering costs more. But the actual increase was higher. Naturally a company is at full liberty to set their prices, but I am just explaining the chages from how i saw them.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:32 AM
Ixtrim

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

about 1100 was the old price (now 1490) without electric start, 1980 ist the new price WITH electric start. hope this will solve the problem :-)

Tom
Old 02-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Nostromo1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ah, I would pay $1495 for a new Kolm 50, but it's $1995 through the US distributor. There lies the rub.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Ixtrim

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Its euros . Not dollar.

And there is the shipping to US missing!