Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CRRC Pro GF26I Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 05:45 AM
douglas racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRRC Pro GF26I Help

I'm trying to start an old (brand new) CRRC GF26I that has been collecting dust for a few years. At first I thought the problem was spark but I'm now thinking it's fuel, but not the lack of it. I was initially hand flicking it and it was just popping. It was suggested I put the electric starter on it. So when I put the starter on it today it ran for a couple seconds and then died. After that each time I put the starter on it pops a bit and then does nothing. When I pull the plug it's flooded. So the problem seems to be it's flooding but I don't understand why. Initially I set the jets a little richer than factory but I now have them back at the factory settings I read. 1 1/3 low and 1 1/2 high. I know people say it's a cheap crap Chinese engine but I also have a CRRC 40 that I built from the kit and after thousands of flicks and much swearing it now runs beautifully. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:23 AM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

A very common cause of "always flooding" is the needle not seating. This lets the pump flow fuel unrestricted into the engine.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:04 AM
douglas racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took the cover off and the needle seemed to be moving freely. I put it back together and same thing ran for a couple seconds then stopped. I then noticed the problem. The spring is gone on the choke and the choke was vibrating closed. I tied it open and bingo, it started right up. My problem now is what I'm going to do with the choke now to keep it open. I think the spring is long gone.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:38 AM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Walbro sells replacement springs and detent balls