Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

OS GT22 carb inquiry

Old 08-06-2018, 07:54 AM
Nostromo1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS GT22 carb inquiry

Hello,
I have a GT22 that is about two years old and it started running a little rough at the end of the last two flights-had difficulty idling and accelerating. So this past weekend I performed a carb cleaning just to make sure there was no buildup on the mesh inside the carb (there are two filters in the fuel line). I had never really taken note of this before, but the high and low speed needle setting were 1/2 turn and 1 1/4 turns out, respectively. I retuned it after assembling the carb, and that is still where they stayed. The high speed needle setting seems a little farther in than the typical 1 - 1 1/8 settings so I wanted to ask any GT22 users what settings their engine is happy with and how much mid-range burbling it exhibits after the low and high ends have been set. Thanks. I am using a 35:1 mix with Belray H1R full synthetic and avgas.
Idle is around 2000rpm on a XOAR 16*8 prop with max rpm ~8000rpm (richened a bit from 8300 max).

Last edited by Nostromo1; 08-06-2018 at 10:42 AM.