Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Mounting Zenoah g-38

Old 08-13-2018, 01:48 PM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting Zenoah g-38

I will be mounting a g38 upside down (spark plug facing the ground). Are there any concerns about the carb? I am guessing the carb is attached as if the engine were mounted upright (spark plug facing the sky).

That asked if there are no issues then I can turn the carb 180 degrees if I need to make the throttle connection easier?

Thanks

Scott
Old 08-13-2018, 04:06 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Scott, that engine could care less which way it's mounted. In fact, 90%+ that I've seen were mounted inverted! Go for it.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:44 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ahicks
Scott, that engine could care less which way it's mounted. In fact, 90%+ that I've seen were mounted inverted! Go for it.
I have 4 G-38s. All are mounted inverted. All run well.

inverted G-38
Old 08-14-2018, 04:16 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by csandt051196
I will be mounting a g38 upside down (spark plug facing the ground). Are there any concerns about the carb? I am guessing the carb is attached as if the engine were mounted upright (spark plug facing the sky).

That asked if there are no issues then I can turn the carb 180 degrees if I need to make the throttle connection easier?

Thanks

Scott
As everyone has said, the engine doesn't care if it is upside down. Most run Zenoahs with the piston facing down. DO NOT rotate the carb. There is a small air hole that needs the pressure or vacuum, not sure which, from the case. If that hole isn't lined up, the engine will run, but not well, won't get max power, and won't adjust well. If it is a used engine, make sure the guy before you didn't make that mistake. As far as lining up the push rod to the carb., a lot of time, guys and I have used a bell crank to work the carb. It alleviates that whole aggravation of alignment. Servo to the bell crank, bell crank to the carb. Works great this way. The bell crank is usually located above the carb. with the engine mounted upside down.

https://www.google.com/search?q=zeno...01IN_nZxxVotM:

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 08-14-2018 at 04:31 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:27 AM
csandt051196
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all!