Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Walbro Check Valve

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 07:19 AM
katman74
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walbro Check Valve

IS there anyway to test the check valve on a Wt or Dle carb. Its the one with the small hole in the center
Old 08-27-2018, 02:21 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Yes, if it is the press in brass check valve with a small hole in the bottom, you can block off various fuel passages and blow through the hole with a piece of fuel tubing. It will pass air one way and not the other. Some of the simple WT series carburetors just use capillary screens and will pass fuel or air in both directions. Every DLE or Walbro WT carb I have seen on recent engines has the brass press in check valve. There was a procedure at the Walbro website but I’m sorry I no longer have a link.

Some of these check valves have a rubber disc in them that can be destroyed by certain types of carb cleaners and solvents.

Do you suspect yours is bad? Unless acted on by outside forces, they rarely go bad. Damages check valves can be replaced by pressing a new one in place of the old one.

Additional thought, Walbro carbs that have accelerator pumps also use a check valve for that pump. Not sure if you were referring to that one or not.

Last edited by Truckracer; 08-28-2018 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:16 PM
dubs1946

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Truckracer i have been a long time lurker of yours, years in fact. This is new to me is there any chance of a photo as i don't understand.
thanks Dave.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:38 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dubs1946
Hi Truckracer i have been a long time lurker of yours, years in fact. This is new to me is there any chance of a photo as i don't understand.
thanks Dave.
I'm sorry but I have been away from my computer working on a cabin in the Minnesota north woods. When I return home, I'll see if I can find some photos that might help.