Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Fuji 43 E.I. parts needed and 3D Printing....

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuji 43 E.I. parts needed and 3D Printing....

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 09:56 AM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuji 43 E.I. parts needed and 3D Printing....

I am looking for a few parts for my Fuji engines... several different Fuji engines... Parts.. most needed is the Insulator Block for the 43 E.I...., any suggestions where I can buy a couple of insulators for the Fuji 43 ...?

Also has anyone known of anyone using the 3D Printing for making this Nylon part....? I have seen some really impressive items being made by the 3D Printer..., for r/c airplanes... one complete airplane was made one area/part at a time and then glued together... impressive... Is there a 3D printing section here on RCU....?

Thanks...

Last edited by Richard39; 03-03-2019 at 09:57 AM. Reason: add a word....
Old 03-03-2019, 10:09 AM
larry@coyotenet
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can make your own part by getting some 1/2" phenolic board and cutting and drilling to match the old nylon part. I did that for a Fuji 32 that I could not get the insulator for, I have also used hard maple sealed with thinned epoxy and that worked just fine.\
Larry
Old 03-03-2019, 02:42 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

G-10 is also easily fashioned into an insulator block. No fancy tools required.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:55 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have made 3 so far... two from nylon and 1 from wood as a pattern... One of the nylons fit and worked but was not a 100 percent exact look and did not seem to produce the H.P. / sound I was expecting... did not do a RPM test... I am working with a fellow r/c pilot who is developing a CAD for his 3D Printer to use.... Looking for good results there.... The airflow design and shape of the center of the insulator for the 43 EI is difficult without hand carving of the opening... Each side is different as the opening flows from one shape to another as the fuel/air goes from the carb to the engine...... requires hand tooling to be 100 percent copy... Now that may not be important to performance but that is my goal... Appreciate your comments and will try to let you know how this works out...