Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuji Vs. Zenoah?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 02:42 PM
jdamon11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuji Vs. Zenoah?

Guys--
Any particular preference on Fuji vs. Zenoah for a first gasser? I have a dynaflite Super Decathlon I've been thinking of putting a G-38 in. What about a fuji? I was hoping to learn about gas engines with something that will perform, but not break the bank--but more importantly give me a learning opportunity. Any thoughts or recommendations here? Thanks for you help.

Joel
Old 02-14-2004, 04:21 PM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Fuji Vs. Zenoah?

It's most likely that you will be able to get parts for a Zenoah for a long time.
Great Planes may decide to treat Fuji customers the same way they treated Mac Minarelli customers - dropped the engine line and no parts support.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:27 PM
DBF

A G-38 would be a good choice for a Super Decathlon, in my opinion. I have a Decathlon with a Poulan 46. It has way more power than it needs. I don't think you can beat Zenoahs for dependability. I can't really comment on Fuji engines since I have no experience with them.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:57 PM
GeraldRosebery
My Feedback: (14)

Go with the Zenoah - cheap very, very reliable. It's a no-brainer in my opinion. Zenoah will be around forever. Fuji, well maybe next week. The G38 is unchanged in about 12-15 years.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Jemo
My Feedback: (5)

G-38
Old 02-14-2004, 08:23 PM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Joe,

If you want an engine with electronic ignition you should also consider the Brison 2.4. It costs about the same as a G-38 with ignition and is lighter too. You should search this forum to learn more about the G-38 and its ignition options. RCIGN1 frequents this forum and is very knowledgeable about the Zenoah engines.

I recently chose a Brison 2.4 over a Zenoah because I don't know anything about the magneto ignition. I already have a Brison 3.2 and am comfortable with electronic ingnition, and I have the multiple lead fast field charger so that I can charge the ignition and receiver at the same time...
Old 02-14-2004, 09:01 PM
serge1

On a personal note I have the Fuji 64 and I owned the G62 in the past. My Fuji 64
idle very smooth wich was not the case with the G62. It also start easely with the new
magnet on the flywheel... The 64 turn my Biela 22X10 300 RPM faster that my G62
wich is very good. In my opinion you can't go wrong with these 2 engines. Sure
they are heavier compared to my taurus 52 but considering the price I paid I am
very happy with the fuji 64. G.P Customers service in my case has always been
great so I see no problem here.

You can see some pictures and infos on my website about the 64 installed
in my christen eagle.

Serge
http://www.wspromotion.com/serge-rc.html
Old 02-14-2004, 09:10 PM
kelldog

Never will I by another product from great planes again.Planes engines you name it. Here today gone the next. kelldog
Old 02-15-2004, 12:06 AM
serge1

ORIGINAL: kelldog

Never will I by another product from great planes again.Planes engines you name it. Here today gone the next. kelldog

Sorry but that's Totally wrong. And I know What I am telling you. See my hangar.

Serge
Old 02-15-2004, 08:07 AM
Copterdrvr

I too am a newbie to gassers and I ordered a Fuji 32 to install on an Ultra Hots. I found that the design of the engine mounts for the Fuji makes it more difficult to use as they are offset and not centered. I picked up a used G23 and it was easy to mount and it screams at the high end and purrs at the low end.

Copterdrvr
Old 02-15-2004, 12:26 PM
NavyE6FE

To each his own. I have a Fuji 50 which I am very happy with, a US41 which is good, and I just got a 3W-75 which I have not run yet. I have heard several people say that the Fujis are smoother than the Zenoahs due to the big flywheel which absorbs alot of the single cylinder vibes. Figure out how much you want to spend and what kind of flying you do. If you're new to gas go with something simple like the fuji or zenoah. Even if tower drops the fujis, there are other companies out there that can service them.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:02 PM
jdamon11

Thanks all. I figured I'd get an array of responses. It's very good to hear the good and the bad. Thanks again---keep em coming if you have more advice. Who has bought a Fuji 32 B lately and run it and installed it?

Thanks again.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:41 PM

Started a 32b yesterday started very easy seamed down on power but it is new never touched carb I own 2 32as and two zenoha 38s zenoha is much bettet guality
Old 02-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Diablo-RCU

Getting service work isn't the issue. Getting parts in a reasonable time might be a problem. It was with the MacMinarelli. If Tower decides they don't want to distribute them in the US for some reason, you have to hope that someone else will pick up the brand so you can get parts when needed. Zenoah doesn't have that problem because the parts are also used in industrial engines - and their distribution chain will not vanish overnight.

Or you could spend more money and get a DA-50...you won't regret buying quality, power, easy starting, small package, low vibration.