Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

starting 3W50i

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 01:47 AM
corsair01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting 3W50i

I can't just get my 3W50i started. I tried everything. The carburator is fully checked and fuelconsumption is OK. The needles where set to basic settings. Only thing I'm not sure of is the fuel. I'm using old fuel (about 10 months old). Can that be the problem? I'm going to mix new fuel to see if that causes the problem but I doubt it. The ignition works OK. Also I'm using an expansion pipe instead of a standard muffler. Can this anything have to do with it? Any comments ar welcome, flyins season is coming up and I can't wait to get this thing flying again.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76405.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	128614  
Old 05-03-2004, 05:44 PM
rc bugman
My Feedback: (30)

Default RE: starting 3W50i

What are you using as a starting procedure?

It should be:

1) open throttle to fast idle

2) close choke and flip or use starter until the engine starts for a short burst.

3) open choke and flip or use starter until engine starts.

4) With this engine, make sure the needles are set according to the instructions for the initial start.

Hope this helps

Elson
Old 05-03-2004, 09:11 PM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

WELL FIRST I HOPE YOU REALLY MEAN GAS AND NOT GLOW FUEL.SECOND GAS AND OIL MIX WILL GO BAD IN A SHORT TIME IF LEFT LYING AROUND.IT LOOSES IT'S FLASH POINT AND WON'T IGNITE WITH JUST A SPARK.THROW IT OUT AND USE FRESH STUFF AND I BET IT WILL START.YOU MIGHT HAVE ALREADY GUMMED UP YOUR CARD AND WILL HAVE TO TAKE IT OFF AND CLEAN IT OUT AND PUT A NEW DIAFRAME IN IT FOR THE PUMP
Old 05-04-2004, 12:13 AM
corsair01

Thank you both for your replies. To RC BUGMAN I want to say the I'm following the startingprocedure correctly. The engine has run before. At 3DD I want to ask the following. Since I'm from Belgium and we don't speak English here I don't understand what you mean with "gummed up your card", is it possible to explain me that ? Maybe you will find some silly faults in my writing, please don't laugh to hard with them. (HAHA)
Old 05-04-2004, 06:20 AM
rc-mike

I think he meant carb.