Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

World Models Patty Extra/DA-50

Old 07-31-2004, 08:36 PM
Funflyaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models Patty Extra/DA-50

Hi guys
im new to giant planes but i have the money saved for a World Models Patty Wagstaff Extra 300 (made for the O.S 160FX) , and a DA-50R. All i need to do is buy them, but i only have a 4 channel transmitter

How many channels do i need to run this plane with the DA-50. I understand that you need 4 channels if you are running an O.S. Do i need another channel for the choke? or can i get away with running 4 channel plane

As i said im new and dont know that much about gas motors so i was hoping you people could help me.
Old 07-31-2004, 08:57 PM
jammerman
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: World Models Patty Extra/DA-50

A 4 channel radio would be the minimum, but will work. You will need to manually set up choke and set up the throttle idle trim to be able to kill engine from radio(safety thing). It would be a shame to drop $1000+ on a rig and not spring for a $300 radio and get expo and separate channels for elevators and ailerons plus choke control, idle-up, throttle kill, dual rates (much more enjoyable flyer). I have a GP 1/4 Patty w/DA-50 set-up....world models a good choice w/ a da-50.

36% Hurley Etra 3w-106
35% Giles
33% Staudacher bme-61 twin
stinger giant
1/4 GP Patty da-50
wildhare edge on order
Old 07-31-2004, 09:06 PM
Funflyaddict

Cool thanks,
yeah im only 15 and have just got a little job so i wont be with a little radio much longer

thanks again
Old 07-31-2004, 09:39 PM
jammerman
My Feedback: (10)

Owen,

Hear you loud and clear! I would luv to have a 46% Ultimate w/ da-150 and Futaba 9Z....its good to dream though...right.
15 or 51...all that matters is that we are having fun in the process. Without fun...its work!!!!!!!!!!