Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Any Updates on the BME Extreme 55

Old 09-06-2004, 10:01 PM
AdrianM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any Updates on the BME Extreme 55

I dont see anyone mentioning anything about this engine since October of 2003. Is it a dead horse?
Old 09-06-2004, 10:13 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any Updates on the BME Extreme 55

I have been one of the biggest fans of BME, but since this whole thing with the 55 came about, I have lost confidence and trust in BME. I have been on the waiting list for 2 of the BME 55s since Keith first mentioned them..... Now he doesn't answer emails or phone calls. It is not just the fact that I have had this issue with them, but the fact that so many people are having the same issue about non returned emails and calls. He has obviously gotten himself in TOO DEEP.

I intend to stay on the waiting list for the 55s until something better comes along. If something else comes out before the BME55 XTreme, I will never do business with them again. A little harsh maybe, but they have become unreliable.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:23 AM
AdrianM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on getting the Extreme Flight 87" Yak as my first gas plane and I wanted to use the 55 if it was ready. Light weight and more power is always a good thing. I'll stay tuned.

Hey Cap...Hows that GP Extra 60 coming along?
Old 09-07-2004, 01:26 AM
kwijibo

I've been on the waiting list since it was announced too.

I spoke with Keith about 2 months ago and he told me it would *definitely* be released well before the end of the year (2004).

I talked with him 2 weeks ago and he said it would be released next year ... go figure

I don't blame BME for letting us know about the 55 extreme 3 years ago, but one would have thought they learned something about stating release dates and not sticking with them.

On another subject, it would be interesting to see some numbers regarding the importance of the 50cc market vs the 100cc market. Had I been in charge of the newer Extreme series of BME, I would have tackled the 50cc market well before the 100, but that's just me. By reading several rc threads and by looking at the amount of 50cc flyers vs the 100+cc flyers, it seems to me that the 50cc market share is considerably bigger (hence more profitable) than the 100+cc market and it shouldn't be deprioritized. It's not common to hear those 40% flyers discussing ways to save weight, but almost all 50cc flyers sooner or later discuss the weight savings issue and having an engine that reduces the overall weight by 1lb will certainly get peoples attention. Its not the same having a 30lbs model 1.5lbs lighter than a 17lbs model with 1.5lbs less.

I hope BME reads this post and I also hope that they do something about it.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:12 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: kwijibo

I've been on the waiting list since it was announced too.

I spoke with Keith about 2 months ago and he told me it would *definitely* be released well before the end of the year (2004).

I talked with him 2 weeks ago and he said it would be released next year ... go figure

I heard the same thing from him...last year.