Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DA 100 Question Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 07:29 AM
Goldie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA 100 Question Please

Hello everyone... I have been flying ZDZ's for the past couple years and have picked up a DA 100.... Ran in to one little problem tho.... I was just finishing installing it and noticed the ignition was different. It has 2 plugs coming out, one is for the engine and the other is red and black and is suppose to plug in to the switch for the battery.... at first I was very confused as it is in no way compatible with a normal switch and has 2 totally different plugs... Then I realized I am mising the "adaptor" plug that plugs in to the red and black plugs and THEN to the battery switch... I tried to call DA but of course they are closed on Saturday.... Id like to fly this new 33% Ultimate in the next couple of days and I was wondering if it is ok to just cut off the red and black wires and either direct soder it to my switch or just add my own extension to plug in to the switch... Has anyone modified this setup? Thank you for your time... Goldie in Littleton CO.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:03 AM
DERF-54
My Feedback: (48)

Default RE: DA 100 Question Please

Yes you can cut the wires and change the connectors. I use deans conectors on my DA ign. I belive the ones that come with it are semos plugs mostly ussed in the rc cars.
Enjoy, Derf
Old 11-21-2004, 09:30 AM
Desertrat
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: DA 100 Question Please

They're called Sermos connectors, and they are kinda nice to use. Personally I would change the connector on the switch because they are easier to solder in, and a very positive connection.

But I really dont think it would matter either way.

Roger