Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Where to buy Mejzlik Props?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Birddog-RCU
My Feedback: (62)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where to buy Mejzlik Props?

I asked them for that information and they told me maybe Don's Hobbies carried that size. I'm not impressed with the customer service from DA but then who am I... just a guy who needs a prop and not one who wants to buy a multi thousand dollar model aircraft. I'll keep trying but I ain't impressed.

Added later;

To be fair, I shouldn't ding their customer service as I haven't purchased anything from DA yet but I would still think they would stock a popular size such as the 18x6. It would have been better to hear at my first call that they were not going to get any in with the current shipment but that is just something I myself would do for a customer and not really a huge thing.

So... DA, I know you guys read this cause you left me a message on my home phone. Order some dang 18x6 props PLEASE! Or... am I the only one who uses that size?
Old 01-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alan,

Try giving Cobra Hobbies a call over in Lodi. I don't have the phone number at hand, but Jerome and his old flying partner John were playing around with some gassers using that size prop sometime back and one or the other may have a correctly sized Mejzlik floating around. All I have is a 22-8 and a 22-10 or I would help myself.

You can forget calling Modaire, all they carry is Zinger, Master Airscrew, and APC.

Tell Jerome that Pat told you to call. Good luck
Old 01-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Birddog-RCU

Thanks Pat, I'll give them a try.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Diablo-RCU

Let's try this again. Why do you want an 18x6 prop? Do you think it gives superior performance to some other size? On which engine/plane combo? I've tested a lot of props, sold more props than you could imagine, and you're the first one that has asked for an 18x6. Six inch pitch props generally require quite high rpm in order for the plane to have adequate speed. Small engines (like .40 inch glow motors) use 6 inch pitch as the engine turns 12000-15000 rpm. As engine size increases, the max rpm of the engine decreases. So, that's why the prop pitch needs to increase with engine size.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:56 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

Well, maybe like me he needs a large diameter low pitch prop for a 3D type plane, such as my FuntanaS 90 with Saito 180 and Mejzlik 18x6 prop.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Birddog-RCU

ORIGINAL: Diablo-RCU

Let's try this again. Why do you want an 18x6 prop? Do you think it gives superior performance to some other size? On which engine/plane combo? I've tested a lot of props, sold more props than you could imagine, and you're the first one that has asked for an 18x6. Six inch pitch props generally require quite high rpm in order for the plane to have adequate speed. Small engines (like .40 inch glow motors) use 6 inch pitch as the engine turns 12000-15000 rpm. As engine size increases, the max rpm of the engine decreases. So, that's why the prop pitch needs to increase with engine size.
Ok... first, this is a G26 converted to EI and currently running at 8600 RPM on the ground with an APC 17x8. The person who converts these engines (Ralph Cunningham) has tested them with a Mejzlik 18x6 and is getting 8800 to 9000 RPM's. I want to try this prop and get possibly get a little better performance than the APC. We/he has tried all kind of other props and this one does the best. I'm running this on a Cermark Pitts and the performance is very good.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alan, go a different route if you are willing to experiment. Try an MSC 18" prop. I think you will end up quite happy, and save some money at the same time. All the Menz props are shorter than the length they are sold as, and my opinion is that the Mejzlik props are quite over rated for their price and performance.

If you want to try a Menz, but can't locate one, the "No Limits" props marketed by Bisson Mufflers is and exact copy of the Menz.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Diablo-RCU

An 18x6 prop might rev a little higher on the ground, but is not likely to be an improvement in the air. Lack of air speed is the problem. 8 inch pitch works a lot better for an aerobatic plane with an engine spinning in the 8500-9200 range. The 17x8 APC is one of the better choices. You might try a wood prop like Silversurfer mentions - I would try a Menz-S 17x8. If you could borrow a Mejzlik 18x6 prop for a test flight, I think you will find that it is not an imprvement over what you are already using.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:55 AM
Birddog-RCU

Thanks for your input. As soon as I find one, I'll do just that and I'll also give the Menz props a try.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:02 PM
platero

I usually buy in source!! http://mejzlikmodellbau.inshop.cz/inshop/
They have a nice service and prices.
Good luck

www.hpignitions.com.ar
Old 01-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Birddog-RCU

Because of the weak dollar, prices in USD are not very good and then there is shipping but... they have stock don't they?
Old 01-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Diablo-RCU

expect European products like props and engines to get even more costly in the US. Products from China will remain inexpensive, because they tie their currency to the US dollar.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:42 PM
platero

ok sorry I have the mind in my country. Here is best to buy in Mezjlik
Old 01-26-2005, 10:55 PM
Birddog-RCU

No need to be sorry. I appreciate any advice anyone can offer and it sounds like you recommend Mejzlik props and that is important to hear.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Birddog-RCU

I finally found a place to buy the 18x6 Mejzlik. Hobby Warehouse carries them and thanks to Bubbagates for the info! Thanks to Ralph for the loan. I'll get it back to you Ralph!
Old 02-16-2005, 07:07 PM
RCERFE

If you are still looking. Call DA agine. They got a order in. I got one on 2-16. Mezjlik 18-6. Good luck.....