Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Baffled by engine - who can help me? All sorted out!

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Baffled by engine - who can help me? All sorted out!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:54 AM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Baffled by engine - who can help me? All sorted out!

Crusty, don't feel bad. Mat's humor is very special, and me being a synical "used to be" Dane, with very much the same dry, evil, sense of humor, well, we understand each other. I'll try to teach this mongol to put a smiley here and there when he's joking he he.

Hey Mat, I lost my mobile with your numbers. Call me, either work or mobile (still same number) and let me hear your ugly voice.

DKjens
Old 08-10-2005, 10:39 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

OK, engine is now sorted out. The carburetor on top assures easy fuel delivery for starting, may now be possible to convert to original "carb under/exhaust under" configuration. With new ignition timing pick-up magnet mounted in hub, turning in a 3.4" diam circle, and DA pick-up mounted to front of case, I have mega spark, much more powerful and easier to produce than before. Changes to timing is also much easier to make with the new type timing. I started the engine tonight, and it was much like starting one of my trusty DA150's, flip a few times with choke, then flip to start. I did it several times, and it is as reliable as they come. I am going to burn serious amounts of fuel this Saturday, and boy am I going to scare everybody out of the air with some prop ripping he he. So Mat, pal of mine, crazzy arse aussie, are you going to magically appear at the field, even in the a.m.?
DKjens
Old 08-10-2005, 10:49 PM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

DK, when you have time post a couple pic's of that beast.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:02 AM
Mad Mat
My Feedback: (2)

RE:Crusty,

No problems mate, I suffer from a similar foot in mouth condition myself, in my case, a classic diagnosis of of male premature adjudication, although usually the greatest outbreaks are in the presence of my wife. [&:][8D].

Seriously though, that damm engine could take out his house........... [:'(][X(].

Hey, where's home, I saw Vietnam under your name?

Mat

Old 08-11-2005, 12:10 AM
Mad Mat
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Jens, photo's would be good. If its humanly possible I will be at WN saturday morning, camera and all. I'll let you know friday......

Lets try and keep it in the air this time......... (oops forget this smileys) [:@][:@][>:][>:][X(][&o]

Mat