Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CALLING ALL "TAURUS" OWNERS.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: CALLING ALL "TAURUS" OWNERS.

If you want more consistency, a cooler running, and longer lasting engine, get rid of the Amsoil and switch over to Stihl Ultra at 50-1. Pennzoil Air Cooled at 32 or 40-1 works nicely as well. You could use Echo oil at 40-1 and do better than you are with the Amsoil.

Also check your needle settings. Sounds like the high needle may be a little too lean or you have inadequate hot air exhaut area, or both. Once you've done the above you can go back to pump gas and not have a problem.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CALLING ALL

I am dragging this post back to the foreground just to say that the Taurus 52 is still my favorite 50 cc for everyday flying.
We have finally returned to good flying weather here in the DFW area so the last two days have been spent at the field. Today I spent time in the air with both DL and DLE and was again reminded how smooth and linear the throttle response is on this engine.
Even though most people have never seen or heard of the Taurus I am very happy to be the owner of one of these very well made engines.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:07 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know of a guy that has a Taurus engine he has for sale. Like new...with the papers that show what he paid for it. PM Me for details. Capt,n
Old 11-04-2009, 10:19 PM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

ORIGINAL: Gremlin Castle

I am dragging this post back to the foreground just to say that the Taurus 52 is still my favorite 50 cc for everyday flying.
We have finally returned to good flying weather here in the DFW area so the last two days have been spent at the field. Today I spent time in the air with both DL and DLE and was again reminded how smooth and linear the throttle response is on this engine.
Even though most people have never seen or heard of the Taurus I am very happy to be the owner of one of these very well made engines.

If you don't mind my asking, where do you fly? I am in arlington on business and would like to visit a field as a spectator this weekend. I also have a taurus 52, BTW.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

I am flying the Taurus in a Wild Hare SU-26 at the Great Southwest Aero Modelers field located .4 mile East of loop 820 on Randol Mill Road. Thr gate is located on the left Side as you top a small rise in the road.

Come on out we always welcome visitors.

We are having our Annual Food Drive this weekend so come on out. I will have the Taurus there plus Ken and I will also be flying the 42% Super Decathlon.
ORIGINAL: rcdude7

ORIGINAL: Gremlin Castle

If you don't mind my asking, where do you fly? I am in arlington on business and would like to visit a field as a spectator this weekend. I also have a taurus 52, BTW.