Help!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 09:01 PM
bvmjethead
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!!!!!

Gentlemen,

What's the consensus on the differences between the DA 100 and the BME 102? I'm leaning towards the BME based on the weight of the engine being considerable less that the DA. I read the specs and the HP is comparable, but now I'm hearing many say the DA is more powerful in the real world. Paper is one thing based on dyno results but it's different when you have to spin a prop in the heat.

I'm thinking like this...if the BME is truly a full pound lighter and only say .2 - .6 HP lower than the DA, I'd go with the BME. BUT, if we start losing more than .7 HP than the weight savings might not be worth it.

Hey all you EXPERIENCED guys, please help a newbie out! What's you're rational for choosing one engine over another. Am I on the right track?

You guys that have flown both these motors, which one would you choose?

TIA
Scott
Old 01-14-2002, 10:56 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Thrust

Is the thrust these engines make available for comparison, that would tell you more than the HP rating.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:01 PM
Chris 540
My Feedback: (3)

Default Help!!!!!!!!

What plane is this for??

On a lighter plane...like the Radiocraft 35% Extra 330LX, many use the BME to keep the weight down. Some can get down to around 23 lbs.

On a heavier plane like the Carden 35% Edge...you want the extra power gains of the DA.

This is just my opinion.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:35 PM
bvmjethead
My Feedback: (10)

Default what plane

This is for a Hangar 9 Cap 232 97" wingspan.
I did not see any thrust measurements listed on the websites. I agree this would be more relevant, but then again who's to say you'd be comparing apples to apples? I'd really love to see an independent test of all the "100" size gassers. Keep the comments coming. I'm learning!!!

Scott