Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

ZENOAH STILL not pulling fuel ????

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 12:45 AM
TTiger3
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZENOAH STILL not pulling fuel ????

I am about to the point of giving up!!!! I have rebuilt the carb with the rebuild kit. and still i cannot get the engine to pull fuel. I have a Zenoah GT80 twin. Does anyone know where my settings should be for this engine and does anyone have any suggestions??? Im wondering if even a brand new carb will do anything?? Im sure it would but i still need to know where the settings should be. I really need some help. Hope someone out there has some Info. Thanks.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE HELP. I ALSO WANT TO KNOW THAT IF ITS NOT PULLING FUEL IS IT POSSIBLE ITS THE ENGINE, OR IS IT MOST LIKELY THE CARB ????

IM GUESSING HERE BUT SHOULDNT I BE ABLE TO BLOW FUEL INTO THE CARB FROM THE VENT LINE.... BECAUSE I TRIED THAT AND I COULDNT EVEN GET FUEL TO PUSH INTO THE CARB????
Old 11-18-2005, 12:54 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: ZENOAH STILL not pulling fuel ????

Did you put the gaskets and diaphrams in the right spot when you rebuilt the carb?

The one on the side where the little lever is--the one that moves the main jet--you put the gasket down first and then the diaphram on last. If you reverse this process--the jet will hang open all the time.

Do you have the fuel line hooked up to the right nipple on the carb?

The pulse line that comes from the engine goes to the nipple on the BOTTOM of the carb.
The fuel line goes to the nipple on the SIDE where the choke and throttle arms are.

When your choking the engine:
CLOSE the choke and OPEN the throttle all the way.
Flip the prop and look for fuel moving through the line.

Sorry if my suggestions and questions seam redundant. Just throwing out ideas.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:19 AM
dbryan

Install the carb on an engine you know works right and test it for operation. Initial setting on both needles is 1 1/2 turns open. That will be too rich but the engine will run good enough to dial in the idle, after the idle is set then you can adjust the high speed. I have had to polish the carb body on a surface plate to get the valves to seal properly on a few carbs. I use Tygon fuel line so I can verify the pump is drawing fuel.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:50 AM
Rocketeer10

Also check for positive pulse pressure from the engine crankcase. GT-80 has an airline attached for this, normal single cyclinders have a small hole feeding pulse pressure into the back side of the carb. THis hole or line might be plugged!

I once had a loose cyclinder head and that was enough to prevent pulse pressure from driving the pump diaphragm so the engine would only run a second on the raw prime squirted into the carb. Very frustrating indeed!
good luck!
GY
Old 11-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

As a last resort before buying a new carb, send it to me, it WILL pull fuel when you get it back..Only charge will be shipping, less than $15...
I hate to see a Zenoah that doesn't work
Old 11-19-2005, 10:51 AM
doubledee
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: RCIGN1

As a last resort before buying a new carb, send it to me, it WILL pull fuel when you get it back..Only charge will be shipping, less than $15...
I hate to see a Zenoah that doesn't work
Wow, what a great guy!!! Ralph, you're one in a million. You are what makes this hobby great.

doubledee
Old 12-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

Did you send it to Ralph? If so how is it running? and what did Ralph find? Thanks Brian Smith
Old 12-12-2005, 05:44 PM
mikenlapaz

Again Ralph brings a smile or two

If the carb was sent, it would be great to learn about the problem and fix.