Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

[b]"TAURUS OWNERS ONLY"[/b]

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:12 AM
G McIntosh
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: [b]"TAURUS OWNERS ONLY"[/b]

Bob, Yes I have loyalty of sorts to a company that produces a product that works for me.. I'm sure we all do one time or another.. I fully understand the problems that all may have.. I have never had a problem with anything from Taurus engines, product, service, product support.. Nothing.
Talk about support'.. I've even had T-1 drive to my home ( many miles at that), to make what you will a house call , spent hours w/ me to solve a problem, ( minor at that) at no charge'. Oh I forgot, a cup of coffee.. I just find it humorous, when one may use a short bolt , ment for a thin prop ( ie. std zinger or sorts ) on a thick prop and not to expect a problem. Duh !, Bolt to short hmm, maybe I need a longer one.. I know I'll go to the hardware store and get one for a buck.
Would be just good common sence.. one would think'. And you call me blinded.. yeah right'.

Enjoy your day.. Go flying..
Old 04-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Steve
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bill,
Can you post a photo of this new hub?
Old 04-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

We have removed several inflammatory comments from this Thread trying to get it back to some sense of congeniality, it appears from every post here that two problems that occurred in very small numbers have been blown way out of proportion.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:48 AM
G McIntosh
My Feedback: (9)

Question Guys; Anyone going to the Toledo show?
I'll be there Sunday.. GM
Old 04-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Texan
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: G McIntosh

I have never had a problem with anything from Taurus engines, product, service, product support.. Nothing.

I've even had T-1 drive to my home ( many miles at that), to make what you will a house call , spent hours w/ me to solve a problem, ( minor at that) at no charge'. .
What???
Old 04-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G McIntosh. Funny you should find it humorous, when you've never had a problem. Except the minor one, that took "several" hours to solve after Bill came to your house. I would have considered that a pretty serious problem. Oh! by the way Glen, The bolt I broke was a long bolt. Do you, or do you not think that the bolt supplied with the engine by the mfg, should fit the QUOTE "standard" prop....... Zinger or sorts? I suggest to you that most of us that fly the 50cc or larger gas engines, don't use Zinger, props, and They are not the standard prop for the Taurus engine. The vast majority of fliers I know never use a "Zinger" prop on their gas engine, unless they have just started flying with gas, or have a special need for a thinner prop. I believe the bolt supplied with the engine, (as it is now) should be able to be used with the prop of the consumers choice. If only one "SHORT" bolt was shipped with the prop, which was too short for a STANDARD prop, At the very least, the mfg should warn the customer that the prop bolt would only be good for "THIN props.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:49 PM
canavanbob
My Feedback: (20)

Bob,
Would you please let us know what a !QUOT!standard!QUOT! prop is so we can determine if we need to get a different length bolt? Also, would you verify that bolt being provided now is acceptable for use with a thin !QUOT!nonstandard!QUOT! prop? I would hate to have the bolt bottom out before sufficiently tightening the prop.
Thanks, Bob
Old 04-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

This thread has ceased to be constructive or objective and is being locked up.