Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

HELP !! W/ 3W 75

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 06:50 PM
TTiger3
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP !! W/ 3W 75

I have a 3W 75 With the side carb. I am able to get it to choke properly then when i go to start it, it will crank one time really fast and then quit. I then choke it again, and then try to crank it over for a regular run it will start real fast and then quit. my settings are 1 turn out on both my H and L. when i choke it i am getting fuel coming out of the carb from my choke washer. Is this a problem with my carb?? I had it running earlier today. or is this something with my starter plug. And just so you know i worked at it for 3 hours straight, and never got it to crank up and run. So its not as though i am just being lazy. I could really use some help. i called the 3W dealers who i got my ignitioin module from, and they were no help. infact they where mean. anyways, anyone with tips, i would be grateful. thanks.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:03 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HELP !! W/ 3W 75

One turn on ach sounds a bit lean to me

I would open both needles at least 1.5 turns (try to be as accurate as possible). I would also take out the spark plug, clean it and reinstall it
Old 01-08-2006, 07:40 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

both needles one turn open is too little, as indicated by the short burst.

If needle settings are not known, the best rule is to start with both needles two turns open. 90% of all gassers will be too rich with this setting, but they will start and run long enough to get a grip on the needle adjustment procedure.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:58 AM
joenella

Hmmm, sounds like the problem I had with my ZDZ, my first gas engine, I had made my tank setup like a glow engine. It might sound crazy but you have open vent to the tank??carb have a membran pump and you only need fuel line from tank, filling line and a vent line, then it should work, it did for me

Joen
Old 01-10-2006, 07:06 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Just a thought, have you checked the butterfly direction. Could it be backwards. What you are describing is exactly what happens when this condition occurs. Make sure the throttle is not going past W.O.T. to close visa-versa.