My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 1/3 hanger 9 sukhoi,,HELP

i have a hanger 9 1/3 sukhoi. i have the Zenoha GT80 twin motor on it with pitts mufflers. I am finding that my batteries are needing to be moved pretty far foward to balance the plane. Just wondering if anyone has ever had this plane with this motor and wondered how they had it set up for a straight balance. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:46 AM
off2fly
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: 1/3 hanger 9 sukhoi,,HELP

Thats odd the gt 80 is heavy ,I have my battery under the wing tube.What kind of tale wheel do you have?Use a lite one and you might have to space your engine out a smidge.That is a GREAT flying plane unless you get tale heavy.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:57 AM
doubledee
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The batteries on mine are located along the outboard sides of the aircraft over the landing gear brackets just forward of the hatch opening. It balances just fine and flies great. The batteries should be used to adjust the CG, just wrap them in padding and mount them as required to balance the airplane, even if they have to be placed a little bit forward.

Regards,
doubledee
Old 01-21-2006, 05:52 PM
TTiger3
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for your reply. you said that your batteries are placed over the landing gear. that is where i am finding my balance point on this plane. thanks a lot.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:22 PM
CHM
My Feedback: (28)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Did you know this?

The CG listed in our manual is incorrect. The correct CG location is 13/16" behind the CENTER of the
wing tube for precision flying, and approximately 1/2" to 3/4" behind that for all 3D flying. Balancing
at these locations will make the model balance much easier and should not require any nose weight
unless a very lightweight engine is used. Balancing any farther forward than the above mentioned CG
locations will result in an excessively nose heavy model.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just make sure the plane is not tail heavy and then fly it to see where CG needs to be.
I take my plane, establish a 45 degree upline, roll inverted and see if the plane drops off to the canopy (nose heavy) or to the gear (tail heavy)