Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BCMAEngines

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 05:45 AM
SIREX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BCMAEngines

The spe motors are not conversions. They are made for rc airplanes. My spe 40 has a walbro on it. I can tell you that the guys at my field were impressed with this motor and they fly DA motors and the more expensive ones. I have a short video clip of mine running if anyone would like me to email it to them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45196.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	443882  
Old 04-12-2006, 12:52 PM
blackbaron
My Feedback: (92)

The muffler that comes with the BCMA 26 is optimized for power. The side dump type mufflers are less prone to cracking than the rear dump style muffler. All of my mufflers have mounting bolt supports inside the muffler to eliminate cracking. I haven't had one crack yet on me, but if they do I will warranty it.

The vibration is pretty minimal on the BCMA-SPE engines. If one has vibration, I would first check the prop or spinner for proper balance. All of these that I have run and that has been every one of them and they run smooth as glass.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:03 PM
acesmike

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You just sold me blackbaron, I cant argue with your warranty! Thanks a lot guys, I will just be waiting for payday now

Sirus, I would like the clip if you wouldnt mind. Thanks!
[email protected]
Old 04-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

NO vibration ? Then they must have changed the laws of physics...It's not physically possible to competely balance a single cylinder engine..
Old 04-12-2006, 02:56 PM
blackbaron

Yes Ralph, I am defying the laws of physics I am talking about noticible vibration. They have considerably less than some of the conversion engines I have done. There is no prop wobble or any crap like that which is the usual culprit.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:58 PM
SIREX

I sent you the movie clip.

I love my engine. I think you will make a good choice with BCMA the service they provide is excellant.

Adam is a great guy to deal with.

Shayne
Old 04-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Antique

OK, you said NO vibration, not no noticeable vibration...
You have a good product at a fair price..
I think we will be competing soon with our $179 EI Chinese made engine.. My G26 conversion can't compete in price...
Old 04-12-2006, 03:28 PM
SIREX

Nice website RCIGN1. Only a couple things missing Ignitions and engines. Your last news update was Oct 2005. Your comments on this post would make one believe you are knowledgeable on engines. I myself am new to gas engines but have learned a lot recently from more expienced pilots. Don't mean to sound bad Just curious what you have.

Thanks

Shayne
Old 04-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Antique

Old 04-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Antique

My website needs a BIG fix...Working on getting it fixed...There is information on there in the forum, just takes some looking around...
Check this out
www.tompierce.net/190/html/building/RCign.htm
Old 04-13-2006, 06:47 AM
Kamikazi

Ralph,

Can you say anything about this new Chinese EI engine you will be selling? Does it use your standard Ignition circuit, or does the whole thing come from China... Does it have a spark advance? Not really needed, I know, but a smoother idle is nice.

From reading the specs, it seems like the BCMA SPE engine(s) are slower reving, than a Zen, with a lower RPM torque peak (and somewhat less HP) But that seems to be preferred by most folks for an aerobatic aircraft engine.

I'm on the edge of ordering an SPE 26cc engine, but am also curious about your new Chinese engine w/EI

Old 04-13-2006, 10:26 AM
Antique

Can't say, it was sent back to China for some modifications.
They kinda brag about their bearings...
The ignition is a Falcon, CM6 spark plug, shielded wire and plug cap..It won't be in the mount like my others, no room back there...I can't make a comparable one for what they cost..No spark advance, a small engine like this doesn't really need one...Can't tell any difference in the idle on my G26 conversions, although 2 customers ordered it...
I have no idea when some of these will be available...
The rpm numbers posted are not mine, so no direct comparison to any other engine is possible...19-8 at 7500 looks great, we'll see.....The cylinder looks just like the BCMA/SPE engine, but the crankcase is different, as is the custom prop hub and Walbro carb...
If you are on the verge, do it, this may take a while...
Old 04-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Captain Ramius

It's not physically possible to competely balance a single cylinder engine..
Yes it certainly is possible! Ask anyone who drives a Porsche 944.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Antique

Read the sentence again...It says SINGLE cylinder engine, the Porsche is a flat six
Old 04-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Captain Ramius

944 is inline 4 cyl.
Uses a balance shaft , I saw a prototype single cylinder in my engine builders shop. Looks like it will balance perfectly.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Kamikazi

Balance shafts have been in car engines for a LONG time. I had one in a Mitsubushi engine 15 years ago. They reduce some vibrations, but don't eliminate them.

Greg
Old 04-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Scott Ellingson
My Feedback: (146)

I just wanted to publicly thank Adam from BCMA Engines, for helping Mark and I out at Brillelli. Adam rode with us to Toledo for the show. He came to MN on the Thursday, a week before the show. He worked 16-18 hours a day for 5 days helping us get our current orders caught up and building engines for the show. We could not have done it without him. When have you ever heard of one company helping another like that when they are in direct compitition. Never. That says a lot about Adams charecter. You won't find a better guy. We have been BS'ing back and forth for over a year now and it was nice to finally meet him. He has bought many parts and mufflers from us. He is actually our largest customer in total sales. He builds a quality product, and now with his new line of engines, he has even more to offer the budjet minded modeler. That can only be a good thing. More choices for all of us.

I had to include this pic of Adam working hard on our engines. He earned his room and board for that 10 days

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89575.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	445348  
Old 04-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Captain Ramius

when was the show?
Old 04-14-2006, 07:25 PM
Scott Ellingson
My Feedback: (146)

The Weak Signals Show in Toledo was 6,7,8,9th of April. Last weekend.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Flyer Freq

I'll just add that as busy a guy as Adam was, that weekend, he was also monitoring his e-mail. I sent an e-mail, indicating my interest in purchasing the BCMA 40. He actually called me from the show, to complete the sale. I received my engine today. I'm waiting for my prop to arrive, from another supplier. Can't wait to run the engine! Thanks Adam!!!

Old 04-15-2006, 11:25 AM
tomyrcmodels

video of SPE40 gas engine are uploaded, the plane are 84' giant profile Edge, other video will be uploading this week.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaBCH5ObTcM]BCMA-SPE40 engine [/link]
Old 04-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Antique

Thanks for answering my E mails about the ignitions..I wasn't planning to copy your ignition, just wanted to try one and maybe use them for my conversions..You have a nice day...
Old 04-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

What bolt sizes do these BCMA engines use...? Metric and/or SAE?
Old 04-15-2006, 02:44 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

fantastic!! I just finished my first gasser using a 3w 60 on a giant stinger..I am anxious to start my second plane but when I see the price tag for Da or bme etc I hesitate..and believe me I am not knocking these engines as they are high quality..what I am pleased to learn is that you guys toro and homeilite have options for those of us looking to enjoy big with a budget in mind.I see even zenoah is making gas for 60 to 90 sized planes.I havent decided what my next plane will be but kangke makes a reputable product.I just need to decide what size to build which wont be too hard as I am a new IMAA member..It's great to see those big 150cc flying and all but at heart I just like flying rc and and need to be able to transport my planes in a suv .

I am pleased to see competition is alive and well it helps make the hobby affordable..
Old 04-15-2006, 04:08 PM
blackbaron

The Prop Bolt is 10mm course thread. All the bolts on these engines are metric. Its the same thread of bolt as a Fuji 64.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.