Aviator 25

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Pulse Jet

Is there a place that still sells pulse jet engines for rc planes? I looked around on the web and though I can find lots on info about pulse jet engines, I just can't seem to find a place that sells them.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:03 AM
Antique

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Pulse Jet

Pulse jets have no throttle, are very noisy, and use fuel at a very high rate...The only pulse jets I ever saw fly were from Germany...Georg Vogelsang(sp?) had two very large pulse jet powered airplanes at the QSAA meet in Las Vegas many years ago..They were VERY noisy, VERY fast, said to fly about 300 mph, and VERY realistic, both crashed and burned on the lakebed...
Seems like America's Hobby Center was still selling small Dyna Jet Redheads a few years ago...
A friend and I ran one for about 5 seconds at about 11 PM in his garage...Turned off the lights and went in the house before any of the neighbors knew what happened
Old 06-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Evil Homer

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There is a crowd in Italy which still manufactures them, will see if i can find the link, here is one for starters on a slightly different track:

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/pjet/
Old 06-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Antique

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

VERY interesting...
Old 06-09-2006, 12:02 PM
sw1241

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Check out this web site, its BTE and i rember that he plays w the pulse jets, this a page for a model with twin pulse jets in it,--->http://www.btemodels.com/doublewhammy.html
Old 06-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Ed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Contact Bill Hempel at HobbyBarn.com

Bill Hempel Jr. has been doing a great job flying a twin Dynajet that they call the Double Whammy. Check the photo during actual takeoff roll. It's fast and very impressive. >

Jim

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71087.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	474822  
Old 06-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Aviator 25

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

When I look at the history of model pulse jet engines I see that there were quite a few different manufacturers that made puse jet engines (like OS, and Dyna jet), but I wonder whey they have all gone now. I know that the engines are noisy and have no throttle, but the same is true for a lot of control line engines. They seemed to be quite common at one time.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:03 AM
NM2K

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: RCIGN1

Pulse jets have no throttle, are very noisy, and use fuel at a very high rate...The only pulse jets I ever saw fly were from Germany...Georg Vogelsang(sp?) had two very large pulse jet powered airplanes at the QSAA meet in Las Vegas many years ago..They were VERY noisy, VERY fast, said to fly about 300 mph, and VERY realistic, both crashed and burned on the lakebed...
Seems like America's Hobby Center was still selling small Dyna Jet Redheads a few years ago...
A friend and I ran one for about 5 seconds at about 11 PM in his garage...Turned off the lights and went in the house before any of the neighbors knew what happened

----------------

There were a couple of fellows flying control line profile stunt models that were equipped with Dynajet pulsejets at the Willow Grove, PA, AMA Nats somewhere around 1960 or so.

You could hear the Dynajet run from all of the NAS.

I saw the pit man light up his sneaker when prepping to launch the model once. He was okay. <G>

I have a used Dynajet. It has a dent in the main chamber. Nothing that couldn't be taken out with body shop tools. The reed valve bank is reputed to be good. I think about flying it on a large Global delta ARF that I have, but the liability aspects (fire) scare me too much. If I was still living in the Arizona desert, I wouldn't hesitate to fly it.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Aviator 25

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I see that Dyna Jet still makes an engine called the Red Head. The company is called Dyna-Fog.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:44 AM
omega111

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

G'day there Aviator,
looks like you have the "pulse Jet bug" too.
A few friends and myself are going to build a pulse jet powered model,we too are finding it difficult to find pulse jet manufacturers,but as one of the posts indicated you can still get "Dynajets" from Curtis Dynafog in the U.S.A.there is also an Italian made pulse jet from Zanin
Have a look at http://www.tsxonline.co.uk/ the Aurora,a delta has 2 Zanin Z23 Pulse jets with 9 pounds of thrust each,the model weighs 12 pound,and download the video,you'll be hooked.I think you can get these engines from Z Model in Italy,sorry I don't have a URL for them yet.
Anyway, good luck on your quest for lots of noise and flames and speed....gotta love that!
If you find any good info,can ya let me know,thanks
Seeya.
May all your landings be right way up!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Aviator 25

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

omega111:
That's COOL!
I just don't under stand why these things have died out. I'll be sure to pass on any info I find.

I had thought of building my own model Pulse jet engine, I have seen that you can buy plans. But there is no performance info on these home made engine plans, I don't need an over sized paper weight.

Thanks for the info omega111.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:00 AM
omega111

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

G'day again Aviator,
I got a price for the Dyanjet engine,they are about $475.00 U.S,that's about $610 Au.,a bit exy me thinks!
So it looks like my mates and I will be taking a chance and building our own from plans we have downloaded from the net.
I'll keep ya posted as to our progress.
Here's a site with some plans http://www.windspire.com/jetpower/ and another that has a few links http://www.airtoi.com/framepage.php?...rame=pulse.htm I hope these are of use,If I find anything good I'll let you know.
Good luck,I hope you get something going,oh,did you get a look at the video of the Aurora?....damn,I gotta have one of them!
Ok I better head for the soft white clouds,seeya
Omega111

Search this Thread