Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuji 25 cc 4-stroke

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 07:19 PM
wad9061
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuji 25 cc 4-stroke

Has anyone had any experience with this engine? I have one and had issues with fuel draw. The tank needs to be very close to the back of the engine in order to draw fuel (even though it has a walbro pumper carb, just a small carb).

After I did get it to run well it blew out the front bearing seal after 10 minutes of running. Needless to say it didnt run much longer after that. Any suggestions on how to prevent this? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Bil
Old 08-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Fuji 25 cc 4-stroke

If your Fuji-Imvac BF-25 engine has issues with fuel draw, either there's a problem in the fuel system that's preventing fuel flow, there's a blockage in the carb screen, or even possibly a bad pump/regulator in the carb. Trash can easily accumulate in a new installation because fuel lines and fuel tanks can have fuzz and other types of manufacturing residues that will clog a filter or screen. Fuel tubing and fuel tanks need to be flushed before they're used to prevent problems.

If the front seal is bad, and the engine's not running, it could be something like the crankcase vent being blocked. That would allow a pressure buildup.

In any case, please send the engine to us for examination under the warranty, which should apply, since the engine's not been out that long.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:24 AM
blackbaron
My Feedback: (92)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuji 25 cc 4-stroke

These engines really need a rotary valve carb to function properly. I happen to have the exact stock carb to this engine. If you want to try it contact me. I never could get this engine to run right with a buterfly valve card. There just isn't enough crankcase pulse pressure to pump fuel properly in these engines.

[email protected]

bcmaengines.clearwire.net