Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Brison parts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 06:16 PM
iflywhenican
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brison parts?

Geistware...the bevel will probably be found at the bottom of most cylinders. It is there to allow a "funnel" effect for you to be able to get the piston with rings installed back into the cylinder.

I personally have no qualms with "any" engine as long as it runs good and doesn't give irritating problems. So far, I have had no problems of any kind with my Brison's and by no means do I feel like I should consider the value of them to be less just because of what is going on and neither should anyone else that owns them. Would you value your golf clubs for half what you gave for them just because you missed a putt?

Just my 2 sense worth...[sm=tired.gif]
Old 10-22-2006, 07:21 PM
Flip and Fly

I can see where Silversurfer is coming from, the Brison line is up in the air at this time[sm=lol.gif] (No pun intended) and lets face it we all have our loyalties.

I personally would like to see the Brison line continue;

- Because I live in Canada

- Finally a source locally for good motors

- Not too expensive

- No cross border shipping fees, and so on!

Do you see my point.

So If I am trying to stand up for Brison, well thats why.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not a bad position to be in at all. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:58 PM
T-one

Flip and fly, you spoke of Taurus problems of the past. Silversurfer mentioned one, That was a tough one indeed. And there was an issue about prob hubs as well where a few individuals didn't know their own strength with a single bolt hub(my favorite) hence we went to a 6 bolt hub. Oh yes in the beginning we under-estimated our Taurus exceptance to the consumer and had delivery problems(as long as 6 weeks). So now you have the rest of the story from the bulls mouth. And we won't tell it again. I hope this clears up any stories you may have heard.
Every manufacturer has at one time or another had a problem,thats reality. Gary's issue was and is unfortunate. Will he make a come back? only he knows. In any event we wish him well. We've had our share yes,and like the little tv rabbit, we just keep on ticking and making a few engines now and then for the descriminating modeler.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:47 PM
iflywhenican

Bill, I hope you continue to build these great engines for many years to come. This is an extremely interesting hobby to say the least and I am currently training 4 newcomers to it. It makes me feel really good to see a building intrest and to be able to pass along what was taught to me many years ago. Good products and service is a leading factor in keeping this hobby alive.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Flip and Fly

Nothing against Taurus Motors, and I have heard far more good than Bad. Its a good sign

I can get parts for my Brison 2.4 motor from Cimmasters, just sent a e-mail to Arthur Leung and he responded next day. All parts in stock, and service if needed. Don't know if he will still offer the 3-5year crank replacement, but at least I can get parts.

905-564-3009 or email him direct [email protected]
Old 10-24-2006, 02:19 PM
iflywhenican

ORIGINAL: Flip and Fly

Nothing against Taurus Motors, and I have heard far more good than Bad. Its a good sign

I can get parts for my Brison 2.4 motor from Cimmasters, just sent a e-mail to Arthur Leung and he responded next day. All parts in stock, and service if needed. Don't know if he will still offer the 3-5year crank replacement, but at least I can get parts.

905-564-3009 or email him direct [email protected]
Thanks for passing that info along.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Rumva

last thing i got from brison was a notice that they are no longer doing repairs...going out of business -
Old 10-29-2006, 10:14 PM
flyinbr

Flip and Fly last August I had trouble with my elevator and the plane went in. It had a Brison 2.4 on it. Broke the timing wheel and lost the sensor. After a couple of days (8/28/06)I went on Brison's web site and found Bill Jensen's Phone# ([email protected]) it's on that site you posted. (http://www.rc-revolution.com/)He sent me the parts post mark is 9/29/06 I am going to try to post a pic. of the one he sent me. never put a pic. on here. He sent me the wrong one for my engine. OK we all make mistakes. I did have trouble getting him on the phone after that, maybe he's on vacation I don't know. I finally got him on the phone again told him about the problem. He wanted me to send him some measurements so I did. I talked to him on the phone 10/20/06 as of then he still does not have that part (timing wheel) for that engine. He is working on it. I told him I also found out that I have a bent crank in it too and will think about weather to fix it or not.
Just my 2 cents
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93676.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	550904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79734.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	550905   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88616.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	550906  
Old 10-29-2006, 10:24 PM
flyinbr

OK I got a measurement of the one he sent me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41473.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	550924  
Old 10-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Flip and Fly

Sorry about your crash.

I don't know what contact you have used or who Bill Jensen is, this I know to be the current main contact in the US. http://www.rc-revolution.com

Go on this sight and you find this info:

In USA Please Contact:
Kangke Industrial USA Inc.
Phone: (631) 274-3058
49 E Industry Ct, Unit N
Deer Park, New York 11729, USA
Email: [email protected]

Maybe this gets you to Mr Jensen, I don't know.

All I know for sure is that all parts can be found in Canada at Cimaster if needed, but I would Email the postmaster at Kangke. They probably have what you need.

Looks like there was some confusion about contacts in the change over.

Anyway I am not a rep, only trying to help out. Good luck with all that.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:57 PM
flyinbr

Flip and Fly if you goto http://www.rc-revolution.com/ sorry I don't know how to make a hot link then click on US then click on DOCUMENTATION then click on REPAIR you should go here- http://www.rc-revolution.com/bri%20repair.pdf This is where you can find Bill's name.

I know it might look like I am upset and I guess I am. But not at you or anyone here. Everyone here has been a big help. You guys have no idea how much you have helped me this year. On RCU and via personal e-mail.

Last night talked to a guy (phone call) that will fix my engine. Thanks guys for names and#
Old 11-01-2006, 06:46 AM
Flip and Fly

Ok, That looks like it. I did not find it. Poor service I would say. Maybe still trying to get parts together for the these motors, its obvious the guy is not familiar with the motor.

I would be frustrated too.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:27 PM
flyinbr

RCIGN1 I just want to make sure I have got your address correct before I send that engine out.
Is it?
RC Ignition
1783 Whitehall
Williams, AZ 86046
928) 635-2455
Old 11-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Yes
Old 11-06-2006, 07:45 PM
flyinbr

OK
Old 11-10-2006, 07:05 PM
OldRCer

can anybody tell me if brison 2.4 & 3.2 share same mounting plate hole spacing? My h9 260 with 2.4 is under powered & I want to upgrade to a 3.2 if there aren't too many differences. Thanks