16.24%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Brillelli Logo Contest Poll

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
dragonfly24_24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brillelli Logo Contest Poll

hey i only submeted 2 and none of them got picked but do you see me ranting about it NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO. so just let it run its corse. p.s. scott i did finely get my 46 to run and sounds great. got it running at about 8:30 at night but i did not here the neighbors complane of corse i could not here them anyway.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:57 PM
sence-soared

Rename the poll to the florida elections for custom built rc aircraft engines,and give it a snappy slogan like,your vote is meaningless,but thanks for the input. All your guy's stuff is pretty cool, but changing up after votes have started,thats not to cool,but hey,i still have my engine,thank's scott,it's awesome.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

my god.. how many votes were made?? The voting goes for a month... I highly doubt 1 or 2 votes is going to make a difference.

They try and do something to give back to their customers and a couple of you are ruining it. Stop your whining and be happy for once.

It friggen amazes me how many complainers are in this hobby and it drives me up the wall. The worst part is it's expensive hooby so 95% of the time it's coming from adults who should know better. IT"S A HOBBY if you have problems with it then go golfing, fishing or maybe take up stamp collecting. [sm=75_75.gif]
Old 09-08-2006, 06:39 AM
Skinny Bob
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

I vote for the spitfire222 others not close! Capt,n
I have to agree with you Capt,n. I am going to lay it out in my drawing program and get it ready to cut.

Skinny Bob
Old 09-08-2006, 07:49 AM
Spitfire222

Wow, thank you Skinny Bob and Cap'n! Very pleased you like it. As a quick reminder, my design can still be further tweaked as needed for personal preferences (primarily Scott and Mark's preferences) and/or for the cutting machines. Just let me know! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 09-08-2006, 08:28 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Though I do own one of these engines, I am getting mighty close. I think the logos are all nice, but I like Spitfire222 and Danh4 best of all. Now that I have said all that....Spit got my vote.

Karol
Old 09-08-2006, 08:34 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Spitfire222

As a quick reminder, my design can still be further tweaked as needed for personal preferences (primarily Scott and Mark's preferences) and/or for the cutting machines. Just let me know! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Ha ha.... at a stretch of one's imagination, this might be considered as 'prompting'

Karol
Old 09-08-2006, 08:43 AM
SkyBurner

Jeesh guys what happened,
Labeling, flamming, winner already picked, logo already cut!
It was not my intentions for my comments to start all this, or to ruin it. I still believe that some valid issues was raised. Comments where made in hast, anger, etc. Thought I did the right thing pointing out a honest mistake.
Label me if you will, thats your choice. Yeah I was a bit ticked at first and jumped the gun, and maybe I'm the only one that seen the humor in my 911 comment afterwards.
Everyone will read into it what they will, right or wrong thats human nature. Hindsights 20/20.
Don't know what else to say.
Robert
Old 09-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Skyburner have no fear.. I saw your humour wasn't meant towards you at all.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:14 PM
Skinny Bob

Vincent, I know what font you used. All I have to do is bring the picture of your logo into my program do a little magic and it will be ready to cut. No need to change anything for me. It will be cut in one color and have no shading, has to be that way to cut out of vinyl. It can be printed to your layout and than cut out, but that takes more equipment than I have. If you like I will send you my results via e-mail attachment.

Good Luck

Skinny Bob
Old 09-08-2006, 12:17 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Yeah.. I gotta admit I like Spit's best too
Old 09-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Spitfire222

Thats good to know Skinny Bob. I was also wondering about that slight gradient in the "swoop", and was considering changing the "swoop" a bit to eliminate the gradient so that a machine can cut it correctly. Anyway, glad it will work out, and I would love to see the results. [sm=shades_smile.gif]

Karol, while I definitely did not mean it this way, I can see how it could be interpreted incorrectly. [sm=regular_smile.gif] Then again, my logo is not the only one that can be optimized as per Scott and Mark's preferences, so that comment I made is pretty much a moot point since it applies to all the logos presented here. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Cheers everyone! [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 09-08-2006, 12:39 PM
rcfury
My Feedback: (5)

Well i can tell you ive taken this somewhat seriously, becuase this gave me a chance to proove myself i can do something else. I dont care if i win however, i do hope so as it will make me feel that much better. If not i just hope one of my other logo's could make a tshirt or something. Oh well. Theres a month to end of the poll and lets see how this gets played out.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

=
Old 09-08-2006, 11:48 PM
sence-soared

Your all making mountains out of molehills man,what started out as a simple observation, and a couple simple questions turned into something ugly,scott fixed it the way he saw fit so ya all can put your claws away.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:41 AM
Skinny Bob

Thats good to know Skinny Bob. I was also wondering about that slight gradient in the "swoop", and was considering changing the "swoop" a bit to eliminate the gradient so that a machine can cut it correctly. Anyway, glad it will work out, and I would love to see the results. [sm=shades_smile.gif]

Karol, while I definitely did not mean it this way, I can see how it could be interpreted incorrectly. [sm=regular_smile.gif] Then again, my logo is not the only one that can be optimized as per Scott and Mark's preferences, so that comment I made is pretty much a moot point since it applies to all the logos presented here. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Hey Vince, send me your e-mail address. [email protected]
Old 09-09-2006, 08:52 AM
Spitfire222

ORIGINAL: Skinny Bob

Hey Vince, send me your e-mail address. [email protected]
Hi Bob, check your email.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Sturtz
My Feedback: (20)

It's a matter of pride. Good to see that emotion coming from the graphic artists who presented their work for the logo. We lack that nowadays in the "ONE TOUCH DOES IT ALL WORLD". I mess with Photoshop and Paintshop Pro, etc a little. It ain't easy. Long hours can be spent working all the fine details out of each layer.
Let the steam off and good luck to everyone. Still too early to be ordering a new ARF for your free engine.

Want some free advice ? Go post a link to the poll in some other forums.

As the old witch woman said in the movie PUMKINHEAD.
"Ya Gotta Let It Run It's Course."
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64336.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	521395  
Old 09-09-2006, 11:00 AM
sence-soared

Thank you sturtz,nicely said.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:54 PM
Grumpy Monkey
My Feedback: (7)

Sturtz, That really sums it up. I didnt mean to give grief or start a ***** session, but as a graphic designer, I thought my design should at least have been in the final 10 and was disappointed when it didnt show and maybe was a little to outspoken about it. Theres that pride thing.
But, as an artist, you need to develop a thick skin, not be "married" to your designs and realise that peoples tastes and ideas may be different from your own vision and therefore develop a concept based on their needs and wishes. Its funny, but I was reading some related design literature this morning and found the following section in a for dummies book. This is not meant to offend, but as a designer, found it relavent and even a little humorous.

Warren
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44081.gif
Views:	16
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	521448  
Old 09-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Scott Ellingson
My Feedback: (146)

I knew no matter how we set this up, some people would not be happy. There was just no way around that. We were allowed 10 items on the poll. Because of that we were limited oin what we could choose. We also wanted logo's that were easily cut out of 1 or 2 colors of vinyl. We plane on giving the stickers away with our engines, so we need it to be as cheep to make as possable. Many of the logo's people submitted were very nice and would look great as printed stickers or on t-shirts, but not well for vinyl stickers. We decided the best and fairest way to do it is pick one simple design from as many people as we could and let you all decide. There were more than 10 people who submitted logo's so we had to narrow it down.

As for the mistake I had with the incorrect picture up there for the first few hours, this poll runs for 30 cays, so it will have little effect on the outcome. Plus there are 2 logo's right now that are far ahead from the rest so it would have had no effect.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Skinny Bob

ORIGINAL: poco242

I knew no matter how we set this up, some people would not be happy. There was just no way around that. We were allowed 10 items on the poll. Because of that we were limited oin what we could choose. We also wanted logo's that were easily cut out of 1 or 2 colors of vinyl. We plane on giving the stickers away with our engines, so we need it to be as cheep to make as possable. Many of the logo's people submitted were very nice and would look great as printed stickers or on t-shirts, but not well for vinyl stickers. We decided the best and fairest way to do it is pick one simple design from as many people as we could and let you all decide. There were more than 10 people who submitted logo's so we had to narrow it down.

As for the mistake I had with the incorrect picture up there for the first few hours, this poll runs for 30 cays, so it will have little effect on the outcome. Plus there are 2 logo's right now that are far ahead from the rest so it would have had no effect.
Scott, you do not need to offer an explanation. Some people understand and some don't, I feel sorry for those who don't. I had a lot of fun designing and submitting my entries and I know how hard it must have been for you and Mark to chose 10 out of many. Not many business owners would have done the same in choosing a logo. You and Mark have my full support in any further decisions you make on this subject.

Best regards
Skinny Bob
Old 09-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Skinny Bob

ORIGINAL: aerobob

=
Ya but what good is stupidity if you don't use it.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:40 AM
sence-soared

Being a fabricator,machinist,welder in the automotive tooling industry,and with all the politics involved,the only stupid questions are those not asked. And those that dont ask are usually those that fall victim to the stupid label,also those caught in the tunnel vission of there own egos and arrogance fall just as hard sooner or later.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Spitfire222

ORIGINAL: HANGERKING

Being a fabricator,machinist,welder in the automotive tooling industry,and with all the politics involved,the only stupid questions are those not asked. And those that dont ask are usually those that fall victim to the stupid label,also those caught in the tunnel vission of there own egos and arrogance fall just as hard sooner or later.
You're right about not asking questions. So here's one: Why is the voting running for a month when it was originally going to run for 2 weeks?

From Scott's first post: on 7/27
"That is about it. We will take ideas until August 30, 2006. At that time I will figure out a voting system to run for 2 weeks. I will probbibly use an RCU Poll if possable. Whomever created the logo that gets the most votes wins."

And then again on 8/29:
"We will let the poll run until Sept 15th."

[sm=shades_smile.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.