Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Brillelli Logo Contest Poll

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 02:28 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brillelli Logo Contest Poll

I'm with Skinny Bob on this.. Your company Scott... you need not explain to anyone about your choices. HOOAH Soldier!!!!!!

(starting to save my pennies for another great engine from ya this winter.. were you going to sell stickers on the website as well by chance?)
Old 09-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Skinny Bob
My Feedback: (12)

Vo Decker, I would like to start saving my penneys to , but my better half says I can't buy any more airplane stuff. Darn, how come these girls don't understand the need for bigger and better. Maybe she will reconsider after the heating season, I hope.

Skinny Bob
Old 09-11-2006, 04:37 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

ROFL.. I'm hoping maybe Mrs. Santa Decker will bring one under the tree this year...lol. She left a GP Ultimate last year
Old 09-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Scott Ellingson
My Feedback: (146)

I decided to let it go for 2 reasons. First to give us time to catch up on building engines before we built this one, and second to make sure everyone has a chance to vote that wants to. I actually forgot I said 2 weeks when I set up the poll. I have so much going on iut is pretty hard to keep track of every little thing.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Spitfire222

No problem Scott, thanks for the quick, complete reply! [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 09-14-2006, 08:14 AM
flymeaway
My Feedback: (6)

I find it appualing and nonsensical that my logo was passed over for the crap that's up here. I mean, I AM A PRODUCER IN ADVERTISING!! MY WIFE IS A CREATIVE DIRECTOR ON A MAJOR NATIONAL ACCOUNT!!! The two of us together can create anything more brilliant and far more magnificent and rapturous than any other so called hack "designer" or "graphic artist" out here.

I am shocked - completely flabbergasted, beyond bamboozled that all the pride and hard work I poured into this logo did nothing for me. Zip. Gee, thanks. I mean, I have purchased an engine from Scott, what the he!! is he thinking anyway? WHAT MORE DOES HE WANT? For the love of Pete! I guess I'll just have to go elsewhere to find a 26cc for my winter project. Argghhh!!!!![:@]

I'm kidding. Of course. It was a, "parody" post of sorts.

I actually didn't submit a logo. The advertising line was all true though. I found out about the contest too late to get something worth submitting. BUT, if my brilliant and talented wife would have had time to produce a logo, you all would have been buried.

Oh yeah, I think there was some top notch stuff submitted, many of my choices wound up in this group. Way to go guys. Good work. And thanks Scott for a great effort on your part. I was also kidding about looking at other brands of 26's.

Now play nice kids.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Skinny Bob

ORIGINAL: flymeaway

I find it appualing and nonsensical that my logo was passed over for the crap that's up here. I mean, I AM A PRODUCER IN ADVERTISING!! MY WIFE IS A CREATIVE DIRECTOR ON A MAJOR NATIONAL ACCOUNT!!! The two of us together can create anything more brilliant and far more magnificent and rapturous than any other so called hack "designer" or "graphic artist" out here.

I am shocked - completely flabbergasted, beyond bamboozled that all the pride and hard work I poured into this logo did nothing for me. Zip. Gee, thanks. I mean, I have purchased an engine from Scott, what the he!! is he thinking anyway? WHAT MORE DOES HE WANT? For the love of Pete! I guess I'll just have to go elsewhere to find a 26cc for my winter project. Argghhh!!!!![:@]

I'm kidding. Of course. It was a, "parody" post of sorts.

I actually didn't submit a logo. The advertising line was all true though. I found out about the contest too late to get something worth submitting. BUT, if my brilliant and talented wife would have had time to produce a logo, you all would have been buried.

Oh yeah, I think there was some top notch stuff submitted, many of my choices wound up in this group. Way to go guys. Good work. And thanks Scott for a great effort on your part. I was also kidding about looking at other brands of 26's.

Now play nice kids.
WOWWWWWWWWW!, My wife and I only have a high school education. I didn't consult her before I entered this contest. She is only a wonderful wife, fantastic mother, professional homemaker, my best friend and an all and all good women. I guess I should not have entered this contest knowing that nether her or I are not qualified.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Scott Ellingson

Skinneybob,

Flymeaway was just making a joke. More or less poking fun at some of the posts that were put up earlier. If you read the second half of the post he did pretty much say that. He is just having a little fun
Old 09-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

hehe I must admit I almost didnt read the second half
Old 09-15-2006, 07:24 AM
Skinny Bob

If you will notice the advertisement sentence he mentioned in the second half ( I AM A PRODUCER IN ADVERTISING!! MY WIFE IS A CREATIVE DIRECTOR ON A MAJOR NATIONAL ACCOUNT!!! ) he states is true, clearly implies he believes that he and his wife are superior in creativity to all who submitted an entry. That is the way I read it. I have very low tolerance for braggarts. If I am wrong, I apologize.

Skinny Bob
Old 09-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Jake Ruddy

omg Bob give me a break... it was clearly a joke. [sm=75_75.gif]

Lighten up
Old 09-15-2006, 12:47 PM
drksky1056

Yup, definately a joke. You must've missed the part about him not even submitting a logo for the contest
Old 09-15-2006, 01:18 PM
flymeaway

clearly implies he believes that he and his wife are superior in creativity to all who submitted an entry. That is the way I read it. I have very low tolerance for braggarts. If I am wrong, I apologize.

Sorry I ruffled your feathers, Bob. Didn't mean any harm. Forums sometimes can send the wrong message. It was all stated in jest though, I assure you. I thought by following up with my compliment on all the great logos was sufficient enough to bring that out.

This is actually the funny part of it all though: I stumbled across the logo thread a week before it closed. I asked my wife to come up with a logo and even supplied her with Brillelli's site, and all the competitors' logos (DA, FPE, etc.) so she could come up with something. Now, I have a ton of confidence in my wife's creative abilities and this sort of thing falls in line with her expertise, but between her job and kids, she only had enough time to quickly throw together a handful of logos between meetings for me to look at - WHICH I DECLINED ON. Her heart wasn't in it and she was only throwing something together for me. They were good, but I felt there were plenty out here that were better so I never submitted any of them. She even commented on how many good logos there were that got submitted, truly a genuine compliment.

So with that long-winded follow-up, please don't think I am braggadocio in any way - I just think humor at times can help the world go round.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Skinny Bob

Thanks for your honest reply. There where a couple of people who where really upset because their logo was not picked. Although you did not submit one I thought you might be another. I apologize again.

Regards

Bob
Old 09-15-2006, 03:23 PM
Sturtz
My Feedback: (20)

Say Scott ? Do you think you and Mark could slip my design in now ? I know it's kinda late,, but gee it's good.

And I worked real hard on it too. Just look at the classy lines and vivid colors.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11182.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	524483  
Old 09-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Jake Ruddy

OH man... hold up that's the one!
Old 09-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Scott Ellingson

I have made my decision. Sturtz wins
Old 09-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Skinny Bob

Best one I've seen so far.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:51 PM
RVM

I really like that actually.

ORIGINAL: Sturtz

Say Scott ? Do you think you and Mark could slip my design in now ? I know it's kinda late,, but gee it's good.

And I worked real hard on it too. Just look at the classy lines and vivid colors.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Sturtz

Here's another reason it's so darn good. It will move. Yep,, that's right. It moves.

(Directions)
"Right after dinner,, open the Brillelli Contest Winner pic up to full size. Then carefully turn ten times in a tight circle. It will start dancing ."

I accept the wonderful winner's trophy and the 60cc engine with gold cylinder fins. The rest of ya did your best.
But hey,,, perfection only comes around once or twice and this my RC friends ,,, is a MASTERPIECE !!!

"by the way,,, the Brillelli Man was modeled after Mark Brill."
Old 09-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Sturtz - will you Paint YOUR Logo on the side of my NEW Aviation Models Extra 260 when it comes????? I think it would really "set it off"......

I think it would look best done with that "3D Craft" paint from Wally World, on a piece of FELT stuck on with Velcro...... don't you agree??

(Yes - I have a 60 coming, and the TOC Extra.... and the video of the QQ Yak demise is posted on RCUVIDEOS.com )
Old 09-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Sturtz

Sure Bob !! Might have to put you on the waiting list though. Been painting the logo on everything. I'm 40 orders behind and will have to close up my website for a few days till things get back to normal.
I am really getting a healthy workout from my new logo painting job as well. Just last Saturday night I had to run ten blocks from an angry family. For some unknown reason they didn't seem to appreciate my Brillelli Logo painting.

I thought it really gave their garage door a modern look with all those classy lines and vivid color.

Guess some folks just don't know good artwork when they see it.[&:]
Old 09-19-2006, 08:34 PM
dragonfly24_24

i don't mean to ruffle any feather's eather but when i see a word a don't know i look the word up. The word i seen was by flymeaway and the word is (rapturours). Ilooked the word up and i think you used it out of context. The meaning is,Pronunciation: 'rap-ch&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin raptus
1 : an expression or manifestation of ecstasy or passion
2 a : a state or experience of being carried away by overwhelming emotion b : a mystical experience in which the spirit is exalted to a knowledge of divine things
3 often capitalized : the final assumption of Christians into heaven during the end-time according to Christian theology
synonym see ECSTASY
Sorry if this upsets anyone.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:01 AM
flymeaway

i don't mean to ruffle any feather's eather but when i see a word a don't know i look the word up. The word i seen was by flymeaway and the word is (rapturours). Ilooked the word up and i think you used it out of context. The meaning is,Pronunciation: 'rap-ch&r
2 a : a state or experience of being carried away by overwhelming emotion b : a mystical experience in which the spirit is exalted to a knowledge of divine things
3 often capitalized : the final assumption of Christians into heaven during the end-time according to Christian theology
synonym see ECSTASY
Sorry if this upsets anyone
No feathers ruffled here. But allow me to set you straight on your use of the English language. The word reapturous is actually an adjective. We see that by the use of the suffix "ous", which forms an adjective by giving the word possession or to be full of something - in this case, full of rapture, delight, or joy. By me indicating (in jest) that my logo was rapturous simply meant that it was empowered to bring greater joy, or purpose, metaphorically speaking if you will.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: flymeaway

synonym see ECSTASY
Sorry if this upsets anyone
No feathers ruffled here. But allow me to set you straight on your use of the English language. The word reapturous is actually an adjective. We see that by the use of the suffix "ous", which forms an adjective by giving the word possession or to be full of something - in this case, full of rapture, delight, or joy. By me indicating (in jest) that my logo was rapturous simply meant that it was empowered to bring greater joy, or purpose, metaphorically speaking if you will.
Soooooo..... what in the world is "reapturous"? Ain't in MY dictionary, and I din't ever espec to need one on RCU.....I-r-jes a dum Okie.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.