Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE & WHY

modified g62 at 425$ vs 366gt at 600$
    thx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE & WHY

for use in what????
    Extreme Flight RC tech support
    IMAC Vice President|IMAC Sequence Committee|IMAC National Judging Instructor|Team Futaba|Extreme Flight R/C|2014 IMAC World Championships Contest Director

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

3d flying, sport, scale..... really make a difference?
    thx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well powerwise they are going to be pretty close if not equal so it only comes down to weight. If you need to save weight the Brillelli is going to be lighter. I dont know the official weight of the G-62 but judging by others its going to be about 1/2 pound difference.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The G-62 is a MUCH better engine than the Brillelli will ever be... You can save 8 ounces by using the Brillelli and have an engine that is always causing you problems and requireing maintenance. Im sure that 8 ounces will be of great consolation to you while your plane is sitting on the bench due to engine issues [:@]. Lighter is not always better in engines, most times lighter = weaker structure and less reliability. Unless you are flying in national competitions and can have someone that rebuilds your engines all the time its not worth it.

The Zenoah G-62 will fly all day, every day, for years and you wont even have to think about power, it will just work all the time

JettPilot
    THE TRUTH ABOVE ALL ELSE...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JettPilot: Sorry but you have no reason to say this what so ever. You are making a broad statement and havent even seen the Brillelli 60 in person much less played with one for any length of time. There are countless people in the forums that would agree Brillelli products are top notch.

I have a Brillelli 54 that is basically a 60 with a different piston / sleeve and I have put an abusive 13 gallons through it since mid July. I have not had one dead stick (besides once I ran out of gas), 1 mid range gurgle, one issue at all. I am sure there are many G-62s out there with more fuel through them.. but this is a brand new engine to the market. Considering I was lucky to get basically the prototype I have beat the heck out of it trying to see what it will take. 13 gallons without 1 issue on the first engine speaks volumes compared to alot of the other engines out there.

For the price with muffler, standoffs, and a couple oz. heavier than a DA you can't beat it. If weight wasn't an issue to some of us then DA wouldn't have sold a few what thousand engines??

If you are going to make a post.. you should atleast make accurate statements.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

perhaps i should ask again
    modified g62 (by rcign or bcma) at $425 vs 366gt at $600
    their wt are the same +-
    thx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 3DDino

perhaps i should ask again
    modified g62 (by rcign or bcma) at $425 vs 366gt at $600
    their wt are the same +-
    thx

--------------

Having both choices available at the time of purchase, I went with the G62 Lite, but not because of price. But, instead, because I already had the eBay G62 and I wanted to experience some of Ralph's magic on one of my engines. I am not disappointed. I am in no way implying anything bad about Brillelli. I should have stated this the first time I made the post. Sorry, Scott.

I own several Brillelli engines and I am impressed with Scott's customer service. I am also impressed with Ralph's customer service. We are lucky to have Ralph, Scott and Adam of BCMAE here on the forum to help us out.

The 366GT is brand new without any history behind it. I opted for the G62 Lite because it is a known quantity (and I already owned it). When the Brillelli 366GT has been around a while and has earned a good reputation, I will consider it again. If I was super concerned with horsepower to weight ratio, I would have bought a DA-50. The Brillelli 366GT is priced a little too high for my tastes (as is the DA-50), when I could get the DA-50, a known quantity for just a little bit more.

I recently learned that Brillelli might be dropping the SPE 40GT from their line. This after I just bought one. This made my stomach rumble. My resale value just went out the window. I don't buy lots of products from companies that leave me holding an orphan or discontinued engines after I just bought one.

I'm not ragging on Scott. I'm just telling it like it is.

Ed Cregger
    \"Practice makes prefect\"

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll bet if the orphan ever needs any guidance, Scott will be there to help. If you don't plan on selling it, resale value means nothing. Good luck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

G62 from Ralph hands down.. I'm "very" pleased with mine and would not trade it for any of the other engines mentioned... My 2 cents.. Brian Smith
    Brian P. Smith Bismith2@hotmail.com
    AMA 1044 IMAA 21141 W4BPS <><

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I only wish I had the $$$ for a 366GT for my WH Extra 300LX. I traded a glow plane and got ahold of a like new G62 and plan on sending it to RC Ignition to give it the once over. I have two Brillelli engines now and would have bought another if it hadn't been for a little horse trading. I don't know if JettPilot has ever owned a Brillelli engine or not but if he has then he knows that if he had any trouble at all with the engine that Scott would have taken care of it in a heart beat. In my opinion the Brillelli line of engines are well worth the money.
    "It Ain't Lookin Good"
    http://www.evansvillercclub.net

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I own a Ralph Cunningham G-62 and it is flawless. I have never had to service it, but I am sure that if the need arises, Ralph will do his level best to get me back running again.

Bruce

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

considering everything same +-
    common sense opts for value for money
    any other ideas ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ED Cregger: I know how you feel....The G25 was dropped gor the 26cc engine. If they run out of a source....what engine gets dropped next? Capt,n
    I never met a engine I did not like !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JettPilot - Please tell us which Brillelli you have used and what problems you had with it, particularly the 366GT. I'm sure we would like to read factual stories of actual experience.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 3DDino

modified g62 at 425$ vs 366gt at 600$
    thx
    I have TWO Brillelli 366GT's. Both have a few gallons through them now. Neither has had ANY problem, of any sort, since I've bought them.

I *had* a RCIGN Zenoah G-62 conversion. Great motor. Lots of power. Heavier than I wanted.

Both the Brillelli and the modified Zenoahs are very good engines, in my *experience*. Not hearsay, not what "someone else had". I've had BOTH engines hanging on the front of the same airplane.

They are both VERY good in actual operation. In my experience.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: marzo91

I'll bet if the orphan ever needs any guidance, Scott will be there to help. If you don't plan on selling it, resale value means nothing. Good luck.

------------

I would take your side of that bet. I don't doubt for a second that Scott will be there when I need him.

I am famous for buying a product, using it for a while and then reselling it to buy something new. That is how I do the hobby. So do many others. Although I do still have some engines that I could just not stand to part with, such as the ST G15, OK Cub .049 Diesel, O&R .19, etc. Maybe I will get lucky and the SPE 40cc GT will become one of those...<G>

Ed Cregger

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

ED Cregger: I know how you feel....The G25 was dropped gor the 26cc engine. If they run out of a source....what engine gets dropped next? Capt,n

-------------------

I guess your point of running out of a source is valid. There is nothing that the engine reseller can do if they cannot make a reasonable profit.

I too own one of the Toro 25GT engines. It is awaiting use, patiently. Too many airplanes/engines - not enough time.

Ed Cregger

Saito Club Member #52

We stopped the 25 because we could not get them anymore. The 40 is starting to look like the same thing. I have trouble getting them when I need them. I can't sell what I can't get. I can allways get the 46, so I stick with it. Plus everybody and thier brother is selling the 40. Not like they can't be bought from anyone but me. Just not modified.

On the 366, it is more expensive than the G62. It is very expensive to make an engine like that. The only $425 G62 is the BCMA G62. It is a great deal that would be hard to pass up. A G62 is a G62 no matter who slaps EI on it. The quality is the samee regardless.
    There is no replacement for displacement....you can allways throttle back!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Another element of this ongoing, never ending "preference" discussion. There is only ONE answer per PERSON. ***YOUR CHOICE***

Barring CRASHES, it is extremely unlikely that ANYONE would ever exceed the design total operation time between failures of the Zenoah OR any "chainsaw" engine/block conversion. Think about how those things are designed, and the environments they are INTENDED for..... compared to modeling, our application almost constitutes "extremely LIGHT duty".

Decide on the one that floats your boat..... between these two, it is a "A or B" decision, and will end up being subjective, anyway.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The one thing I really like about Ralph's G62 is the EI unit being inside the rear cup mount.. I have other engines that run fine also, but I find no fussing with the mounting and looking for a place to mount the seperate EI box a real plus for me.. Ralph's has a free life time warrenty.. Crash damage included. I have sent back a number of C&H boxes and was treat well, but they were not free repairs. Hey, maybe I'm just lazy, but that is my 2 cents..Brian Smith
    ORIGINAL: poco242

We stopped the 25 because we could not get them anymore. The 40 is starting to look like the same thing. I have trouble getting them when I need them. I can't sell what I can't get. I can allways get the 46, so I stick with it. Plus everybody and thier brother is selling the 40. Not like they can't be bought from anyone but me. Just not modified.

On the 366, it is more expensive than the G62. It is very expensive to make an engine like that. The only $425 G62 is the BCMA G62. It is a great deal that would be hard to pass up. A G62 is a G62 no matter who slaps EI on it. The quality is the samee regardless.
    Brian P. Smith Bismith2@hotmail.com
    AMA 1044 IMAA 21141 W4BPS &lt;&gt;&lt;

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is a fast reply and not intended as a reply to any specific post.

I have engines from Brillelli, BCMA, Fuji-Imvac, DZY. I only got into gas a few months ago. I read, and read, and read everything I could find here, and other forums. I was, and to some extent still am, so dissapointed at some of the things I read. Everyone seems to have vendettas against something. In the end, I followed my personal feelings, and my first gasser was a Fuji 32 EI - know what, it's a great running engine, simple to operate, and allows for my inexperience.

My opinion, for what it's worth: They are all as good or as bad as the pre-conceptions we have.

I was told when I decided to go Gas - DA DA DA DA. Well, fine. Until I spoke with MANY people who said, the DA50 has some problems, others said BME, others ZDZ. (The list goes on).

When I then asked for specifics, most of the comments were, DUGH, ERM, EH, IT'S OBVIOUS, etc.

I decided, as a Gas newbie, to go with some less expensive offerings. Let's face it -glow to gas is a difference - I didn't know if this was for me, long term. (I am now a gas junkie!)

I'm still a newbie, and every different engine/airframe combination brings its own challenges - and I enjoy every one of them!

I get a bit tired of the opinionated statements made by some contributors. Please - lets just all get along and allow for each to his/her own.

I am VERY happy with Adam at BCMA, his customer service is 110%, the quality of his product is outstanding. I will say the same for Scott at Brillelli - both of these fine gents bend over backwards to help - and for a newbie, I don't want to keep hearing the personal negative opinions.

I just bought a DZY 48cc twin - YES, a Chinese made engine! (I'm sure this will start another flaming war about the Chinese cloning) Fact is, it's a very well made engine.

Bill Li has bent over backwards for me. I wish some of the name brands would follow the lead of people like Adam, Scott, Bill. I cannot as yet comment on Ralph - I've not yet purchased anything (sorry Ralph)- but I'm sure when the time comes, I will be glad to add his name!

Customer Service is an expression that is sadly going the way of the DODO bird. (It was not too many years ago that your groceries were carried to your car - now it's self-checkout!)

We need the entrepeneurs who believe that customer service is the key, and I think we need to support them as much as we can. This makes no difference if Korean, Japanese, Chinese, American or whatever. We live in a global economy - and all the venting and wishing is not going to turn back the clock.

I appreciate the comments, and experiences of the contributors, but when I read such things as ..have an engine that is always causing you problems and requiring maintenance........ I start to wonder as to the point and purpose of the comments.

I apologize if any individuals take offence - no harm is intended. I will continue to read, and read, and read. Hopefully I will continue to learn new things every day. For those unnamed individuals who have, without their knowing, helped me - my thanks.