Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

GAS Saito

Old 12-19-2016, 05:17 AM
G T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank for the reply
i have been dealing with a hobby shop here in Oz, but they have had no luck with HHQ getting an answer on replacement carbs for these FG20. Horizon have them listed as not available on there web sight now, "so it is becoming a bit frustrating trying to find them."
very interesting if they where replacing the carbs earlier on with the FG21 carbs.
i also have one of the FG21 engines and from day 1 if has been a pleasure to run with very minor tune required, if comparing to the FG20 .. The carbs look similar but when you compare the needles they are a lot different..
Old 12-19-2016, 05:54 AM
ForcesR

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by G T
thank for the reply
i have been dealing with a hobby shop here in Oz, but they have had no luck with HHQ getting an answer on replacement carbs for these FG20. Horizon have them listed as not available on there web sight now, "so it is becoming a bit frustrating trying to find them."
very interesting if they where replacing the carbs earlier on with the FG21 carbs.
i also have one of the FG21 engines and from day 1 if has been a pleasure to run with very minor tune required, if comparing to the FG20 .. The carbs look similar but when you compare the needles they are a lot different..
GT; when HH sent me a replacement carburetor several years ago for my FG20 it was part number SAIG20821A. I just checked and HH site shows carburetor SAIG20821A in stock for $93.99usd. See link for carburetor SAIG20821A in stock.

Roger

http://www.horizonhobby.com/SearchDi...rce=Q&pageView=
Old 12-19-2016, 06:06 AM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ForcesR
GT; when HH sent me a replacement carburetor several years ago for my FG20 it was part number SAIG20821A. I just checked and HH site shows carburetor SAIG20821A in stock for $93.99usd. See link for carburetor SAIG20821A in stock.

Roger

http://www.horizonhobby.com/SearchDi...rce=Q&pageView=
Is it possible that only the needles are different? Maybe just try to order the needles or reconfigure the old needles to the new configuration (of course you would have to have a set of the new ones for comparison, or would pictures of them be enough?) Good luck.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:10 PM
G T

Thank you for your replys
i had not been able to get the link you had supplied, HH will not sell to us down under, but now I have a part n0 they have listed I am hoping I can provide that to the LHS that is dealing with the importer here so they are able to get them.
merry Xmas guys
Old 12-19-2016, 04:14 PM
the pope

Try sending HHQ a email direct they always answered mine but this time of year might be pushing it . I know they wont sell direct but atleast u kow if they have them . Try giving Brian Whinch a email and see if he can offer any suggestions , at one stage i was having similar issues and he offered to help out if needed . If your desperate u have nothing to lose .I dont know what the deal is with HH. I too have tried to buy stuff and when they to wouldnt ship I asked why and they said they do so Im not the only one . If its a computer issue their end they must be losing a heck of alot of sales . Cheers
Old 12-20-2016, 02:12 PM
G T

Thank you Mr Pope
all good advise, I needed a crank for an Evolution motor a few years back and couldn't get any action from HH so ended up getting the part from the MVVS dealer out of Holland at that time and some other parts through Cheif aircraft at another time.. as you say they are missing out of trade.
ForcesR has supplied the link with the carbie on it, so I will send that direct to Col Taylor's who are trying to get this sorted for me. I will see how this goes.
FYI I did find a link to Morris Mini who are doing the change over carbies for the FG60 and the link was for a carbie to fit the FG 20-21 but it was very $ exspensive and x that by 2 plus freight !! It would be almost at a cost to get 2 new 2/strokes .
Thanks for the advise again..
Old 11-11-2018, 04:30 PM
erieqc

Without reading this whole thread what kind of information can someone give me on the fg17 are they boat anchors or has someone worked all the bugs out.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:21 AM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking at a 17 myself with the same questions. I would like to hear from someone who has some flight time on one.
Old 09-29-2023, 08:55 AM
sailr
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Saito Saito FG36 hall sensor

Originally Posted by w8ye
The big round Saito ignition timing sensor or non of its wies will not work with anything RCEXL or CH. They work on a different principle
My FG36 has the big round timing sensor (hall sensor). It is broken. I cannot find one anywhere! Can anybody help?